Can't add events to a calendar I created

Share discussions around the Classic Local Unit Website (LUWS).
daiseyirene

Can't add events to a calendar I created

Post by daiseyirene »

I have created a calendar which I have listed myself as "View and Edit" rights, and it has been approved; however, I am not able to add events. Why is that?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

daiseyirene wrote:I have created a calendar which I have listed myself as "View and Edit" rights, and it has been approved; however, I am not able to add events. Why is that?
I'm not sure; you should ask the calendar administrator who approved it to check into it. One possibility (not likely, but certainly possible) is that the calendar administrator removed you as an editor during or after the approval process. That may have been done because he thought it would be better to add editors by calling than by name, and something didn't work right in the change (perhaps he entered the wrong calling, or you don't have the standard calling he thought you did).
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
daiseyirene

Post by daiseyirene »

Screen shot 2011-11-17 at 12.01.55 PM.jpg
(9.93 KiB) Downloaded 76 times
When looking at the Calendar Settings, I am still listed with "View and Edit" permissions. Does this mean that I still need to verify with the administrator?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

daiseyirene wrote: When looking at the Calendar Settings, I am still listed with "View and Edit" permissions. Does this mean that I still need to verify with the administrator?
I wouldn't think so -- it looks like that part has been done correctly.

So the next question is how you are trying to add events to that calendar. All you said was "I am not able to add events." Are you in Month view or Week view? Are you clicking the Add Event button? Does the Add Event button even appear? Or are you clicking in the calendar to try to add an event? Do you see the event details screen? Can you add details, but the save doesn't work?

It would help narrow this down if we had a few more details.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
daiseyirene

Post by daiseyirene »

...The "Add Event" button was not displaying in any view. However,...I just went into my email to verify that my calendar had been approved (and it was). But, there were 2 calendars created, both with similar names. One was created by myself and the other was created by another member. I was subscribed to the other member's calendar and not my own. So, in short, this issue is resolved. I apologize for my lack of attention to detail :) But, thank you for taking the time to help me troubleshoot!

Return to “Classic Ward & Stake Sites (LUWS)”