iPhoto and photo uploads

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
zaneclark

iPhoto and photo uploads

Post by zaneclark »

I use an iMac and iPhoto for all my photo editing, organizing, etc., but in order to upload a photo from iPhoto for the directory, I have to drag it to the desktop or another application. Is there anyway to upload the photos directly from iPhoto?
marilynhoward

You can upload photos that are found in iPhoto

Post by marilynhoward »

zaneclark wrote:I use an iMac and iPhoto for all my photo editing, organizing, etc., but in order to upload a photo from iPhoto for the directory, I have to drag it to the desktop or another application. Is there anyway to upload the photos directly from iPhoto?

I am also a Mac user (I can use PCs as well - Mac is my top choice!). Rather than attempting to upload from within iPhoto, make sure you know where to locate the photo inside iPhoto, such as in a particular album or in Faces, then use the Upload link in Directory. Simply select Edit Profile>Choose File (Button next to the name to be associated with photo)>Continue>Select Photo (window to Select File to Upload)>Select "Photos" below "Media" on left menu strip of view of your "iMac Finder" that appears in this screen while still in Directory>Select Faces or Album where the photo you desire to upload is easily located>Click on specific photo>Click Open. That will upload your photo into the Directory. It does NOT require you to drag your photo to the desktop or any other application. It is uploading directly from iPhoto, however it is done from the Directory, NOT from within iPhoto. This is the same way photos can be uploaded to many other websites such as Linkedin, LDSTECH Profiles, etc. See photos below...
Single Photo Upload.jpg
Single Photo Upload.jpg (14.26 KiB) Viewed 483 times
Select Photo View.jpg
Select Photo View.jpg (22.59 KiB) Viewed 483 times
Select File to Upload.jpg
Select File to Upload.jpg (14.82 KiB) Viewed 483 times
zaneclark

Post by zaneclark »

Thank You! That worked! I feel pretty stupid as I have been a Mac user forever but I had never used anything under Media in the finder. I did not know that iPhoto was accessible there... Who says you can't teach an old dog anything.....

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”