Can I add our ward emergency plan on the new LDS.ORG?

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the Church website.
missy21

Can I add our ward emergency plan on the new LDS.ORG?

Post by missy21 »

I know on the old or 'classic' site we could add a welcome message to the ward. Is there a way to upload a document or at least a link to our ward emergency plan?

Has anyone tried to do this or something simliar?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

At this time the "new" site is little more then Directory and Calendar. Your best bet for nos is to attach it to a "News" item in the classic site.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
missy21

Post by missy21 »

Thank you. I just did this and it worked, at least on the classic version. It would be great if we could eventually get it on the new site.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

missy21 wrote:Thank you. I just did this and it worked, at least on the classic version. It would be great if we could eventually get it on the new site.

There will eventually be News and Information, Lesson Schedules, and other such features on lds.org. That is clearly stated in the Stake and Ward Websites Overview. But until those features are created on lds.org, there is no way to do that. So continue to use the classic site for these purposes until a replacement is developed.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
sjhovey

Post by sjhovey »

My Bishop and I noticed this morning that the link to the Classic Ward and Stakes Web Site has been removed from the menu on LDS.org. We're getting panicked calls from members. We rely heavily on the ability to post informational documents for ward members (Ward Mission Plan, Ward Emergency Plan, Scout Committee plans, etc.) as well as the ability to do broadcast email blasts to the entire ward. Other functionality that the Church does not provide elsewhere are the Sunday School lesson schedule and the Priesthood/Relief Society Lesson schedule. LDSTech.org has already stated that they have absolutely no plans to do anything with the Classic Ward and Stake Web Sites in the forseeable future. That said, it is alarming that they have removed the link from the menu.

Return to “Main Church Website”