Member record - Can't find

Discuss basic duties of stake and ward clerks, including where to begin.
JRP1975

Member record - Can't find

Post by JRP1975 »

I'm looking for a member name that is showing up on the church MLS, but it doesn't bring up the member in the drop down window for the disciplinary council form on the church website. Any ideas? Thanks
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Moderator note: since this is a new question, I've moved it to a new thread.

You might want to look at the detail the member's record in MLS. Is it in fact a member? Is it a Out of Unit Member?

If you're just looking at the household, note that MLS can sometimes hide the fact a member of a household may have a different last name then the Head Of Household. That would causing them to not show up on the individual list where you'd expect it to.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mfmohlma

Post by mfmohlma »

The search list can also search by first name, but I just noticed that it is using the Preferred Name and not necessarily the "full" name for lookup.
JRP1975

Post by JRP1975 »

The member is actually listed in the household. Then I've got to change the member details in the MLS to be able to select name in the drop down correct? Member name does show up on my mobile tools database under the household just for added info here. Thanks ahead;)
mfmohlma

Post by mfmohlma »

I guess I'm not following. Can you please describe the exact steps you are taking when you are trying to start the disciplinary council form?

I'm assuming you're accessing it from lds.org/leader. If you'd like to simply see if the member record exists in your ward, at that link you can see if the member appears by using the "Member Lookup" feature at top right or choosing Membership -> Records -> Member List along the left side of the menu bar.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Russ1957 wrote:The member is actually listed in the household.
Where exactly are you looking when you see this? The reason I say that, is that some screens have the annoying habit of displaying spouses when you do NOT have their records.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Getting Started for New Clerks”