After switch back to standard time from day light savings all events are an hour off

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
drcook345

After switch back to standard time from day light savings all events are an hour off

Post by drcook345 »

After the time change to standard time from day light savings all of our events are an hour ahead. Is there an easy way to fix this that doesn't involve editing each entry?

-dc
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

You may want to check the time zone settings on your computer, as well as for any of the resources.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
drcook345

Post by drcook345 »

My computer time zone is set correctly, showing the accurate time. All resource timezones are also set correctly.

-dc
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

For your computer, is the daylight savings check box set correctly?

There doesn't seem to be any for the Resources, but there does seem to be a trick. For the Mountain time zone (GMT -7) I see two listings. Denver and Phoenix. Denver observes Daylight Savings. Phoenix Arizona, does not.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
drcook345

Post by drcook345 »

This doesn't seem to be a single computer time setting issue, as all users with various personal computers in our stake are seeing the times as an hour off.

I'm taking from this, we are unique with this issue. If there isn't a way to globally adjust all stake and ward apointments up or back by an hour, we'll have to had adjust them all.

-dc
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

drcook345 wrote:This doesn't seem to be a single computer time setting issue, as all users with various personal computers in our stake are seeing the times as an hour off.

You said that you had checked to make sure that the time zone was correct for all the resources (I assume you meant "Locations", since time zones apply only to locations in the Calendar). Is there any possibility that the time zone for the locations was wrong when the events were entered, but the time zones have been changed subsequently? And what, specifically, is your time zone setting?
drcook345 wrote:I'm taking from this, we are unique with this issue. If there isn't a way to globally adjust all stake and ward apointments up or back by an hour, we'll have to had adjust them all.

It does seem to be a problem unique to your stake. I suppose it could be some strange database problem, but to me it seems more likely to be a problem with the time zone specified for the location, either previously or now.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
johntanner

Not a unique problem

Post by johntanner »

Our stake calendar changes the times of events randomly. Some times they will be off an hour and other days it will be fine. It happens to the events in March and November only, and to the events of that month after Daylight Savings begins or ends.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

johntanner wrote:Our stake calendar changes the times of events randomly. Some times they will be off an hour and other days it will be fine. It happens to the events in March and November only, and to the events of that month after Daylight Savings begins or ends.
Perhaps the time changes are not random, but happen each time the developers try to tweak the Daylight Saving Time issues related to the calendar. Of course, since we do not know how often they try to fix it, it would appear to be random.
drcook345

Post by drcook345 »

aebrown wrote:You said that you had checked to make sure that the time zone was correct for all the resources (I assume you meant "Locations", since time zones apply only to locations in the Calendar). Is there any possibility that the time zone for the locations was wrong when the events were entered, but the time zones have been changed subsequently? And what, specifically, is your time zone setting?

It does seem to be a problem unique to your stake. I suppose it could be some strange database problem, but to me it seems more likely to be a problem with the time zone specified for the location, either previously or now.

All of our locations are set to "America/Denver" and have not changed that I'm aware of. We were using locations and now they appear to be set to not allow "scheduling by wards and stakes."
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

johntanner wrote:It happens to the events in March and November only, and to the events of that month after Daylight Savings begins or ends.

Hmmm, isn't that the difference between the old Daylight savings and the new? I wonder if a computer hasn't had it's rules updated?

Return to “Calendar”