Recording Bishopric Change

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
jhigbee

Recording Bishopric Change

Post by jhigbee »

I remember seeing a thread several month ago (and I may have added a note to it myself) on recording bishopric changes, but I can’t seem to find it using the search bar here. Can someone bring it up again for me? Our Stake Clerk and I are having a hard time remembering how he is to record the name of a new bishop.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

jhigbee wrote:I remember seeing a thread several month ago (and I may have added a note to it myself) on recording bishopric changes, but I can’t seem to find it using the search bar here. Can someone bring it up again for me? Our Stake Clerk and I are having a hard time remembering how he is to record the name of a new bishop.
The Stake Clerk uses stake MLS to fill out a Leader and Unit Change Request. That's where he can specify the new bishop. Then he transmits it with a Send/Receive, just like any other information entered into MLS. Such a change does require human review before it will appear in CDOL, but it should happen within a day or so.

(Perhaps you were thinking of this thread: New Bishop)
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
jhigbee

Post by jhigbee »

That was exactly what we needed. I called him back and he was able to find that L&UCR function from his Stake Clerk log-in. I've printed out the Oct 9th thread you pulled up and will give that to him as well.

Hope you get extra blessings for being so prompt with your reply.
crislapi

Post by crislapi »

You might also direct him to the Leader and Unit Change Request page in the wiki.

Return to “Membership Help”