Google Calendar Delayed Sync Problem

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
sabecreole

Google Calendar Delayed Sync Problem

Post by sabecreole »

Hello,

I have setup to sync the church calendar to my google calendar. I am able to get it to bring the calendar into google. The problem I am having is when I add an event to the church calendar it takes around a day to show up on my google calendar. If I delete the google calendar and add it with a new URL it will update. Please let me know if I am missing a setting somewhere or if this is a known problem?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

It up to Google as to how often it checks for updates. There's no way for the church to "push" the changes.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sabecreole

Google Sync

Post by sabecreole »

Do you know if there is any place where you can select how often the calendar will update?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Not that I've found. But if you've got an Android device, you can manually force the sync from the calendar.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Calendar”