Where to submit feedback?

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
AileneRHerrick

Where to submit feedback?

Post by AileneRHerrick »

Where do I submit feedback concerning the new calendar to the appropriate people?

I was just thinking that a nice feature would be to be able to tag members in calendar events. For example, if there is a Church Cleaning Assignment Calendar, people may not subscribe to it because they don't want to see ALL the cleaning assignments (only theirs). So, tagging in a calendar event could override their subscription settings, and post that event only on their calendar so they see it. To prevent abuse of this feature, people could have an option to turn this feature off in the profile. Something like... "Don't allow people to tag me in calendar events."

So I figure this is a good idea, but I don't think the forum is the right place to direct it. Maybe someone can help me figure out where this idea needs to go? Thank you!
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

The calendar forum is the only forum to date in which the developers regularly visit and use for bug reports and feedback. This is a continuation of the reporting that was started in the Calendar Beta Test forum. So posting here will get it viewed by the right people. They have not formalized the process but it does help to include leader words in the title for the post type such as "Bug: ...", "Suggestion: ...", "Feedback: ...", and so on. Submitting in this forum also promotes discussion that can help refine the issue or even provide alternatives until an issue is resolved.

You can also submit feedback using the "Submit Feedback" link on the LDS.org page and use the category "Local Unit Websites" and start the message by identifying the specific area such as "RE: Calendar".
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
AileneRHerrick

Post by AileneRHerrick »

Thank you! I will try that again. :)
AileneRHerrick

Post by AileneRHerrick »

Oops, now is there a way to delete this thread, now that I've created a new one? Sorry for the inconvenience!
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

Moderator note:
We'll keep this thread for the information it provides. Others wishing to respond to the original post in this thread can do so in the thread Suggestion: Tag Ward Members in Calendar Events.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Calendar”