Replacement of FHC PCs?

Issues related to the use and operation of Family History Centers
ggraham

Replacement of FHC PCs?

Post by ggraham »

I know MLS computers are to be replaced every 5 years but can find no schedule for replacement of FHC computers. Is there such a schedule?

Thanks,
Gary Graham
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

ggraham wrote:I know MLS computers are to be replaced every 5 years but can find no schedule for replacement of FHC computers. Is there such a schedule?

The Policy and Guidelines for Computers in Family History Centers says "Computers provided by the FamilySearch Support Office are replaced after three years in the family history center. The FamilySearch Support Office will ship the replacement computer to the facilities management office."

But we've learned that replacement schedules are only approximate. You could contact FamilySearch Support with your specific questin for your FHC.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

In my experience, replacement is automatic based on the Inventory reported by LANDesk.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

Understand that the above probably only applies to official FHC's. There are many unofficial ones (like ours) that have to scrounge for whatever they can get, without soliciting the membership for them, of course.
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Family History Centers”