Search Results on lds.org

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the Church website.
Hilohi

Search Results on lds.org

Post by Hilohi »

When I search for a particular topic in Spanish on lds.org, the search results aren't as comprehensive as when I search for that same topic in English. For example, when I search for "prayer", the search results include articles from "Scriptures", "General Conference", "Magazines", "Manuals", "Media Library" and "Other". On the other hand, when I search for "oracion" (prayer in Spanish), the search results only include articles from "Otro" (other in Spanish).

I know that a lot of articles and features that are available in English aren't available in other languages. However, just about a month or two ago, the Spanish search results were a lot more comprehensive than they are now. Does anyone know why the search feature in Spanish renders so few results/articles now?
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

I've never been happy with the search engine the church uses for their website. I see by changing the default language to Español and entering oracion into the lds.org search box, I get a whopping 37 hits. This is why I'm not happy with their search engine.

Suggestion... try going to www.google.com and typing this: site:lds.org oracion into the search box. When I do this, I get an astounding 56,400 hits! IMO, whatever the church uses for a search engine really needs a serious overhaul. There should NOT be an order of magnitude difference in hits between their search and a google search.
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mulhollandj

Thank you.

Post by mulhollandj »

Thank you for your feedback. This bug has now been fixed.

Return to “Main Church Website”