Tracking Temple workers

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
rferolino

Tracking Temple workers

Post by rferolino »

Hello. We have a need to find how many members of our stake are temple workers. Does this report available in MLS?

Thank you.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I don't think MLS has that information.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
crislapi

Post by crislapi »

RussellHltn wrote:I don't think MLS has that information.
It is not available in MLS. Your best bet is to contact the temple directly. It is likely the temple sends out a periodic report to the stakes in their district with this info. Regardless, it is not part of the membership record. Another option perhaps - I know I keep a copy of each temple worker recommend we submit in my stake. Does your stake perhaps do the same? You could just count them up if so.
rferolino

Post by rferolino »

Thank you much for the replies.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

In our stake we show temple workers as custom callings in MLS. If your stake has done something like that, you would see it in MLS. If not, the information will not be there.
kisaac
Community Moderators

Post by kisaac »

rferolino wrote:Hello. We have a need to find how many members of our stake are temple workers. Does this report available in MLS?
Not available unless your stake has a process in place to keep this information. The Temple does not have any access to your stake or ward MLS to record the call. Thus, the question, what does your stake do when notified by the temple of the call?

In our temple district, the process for the call notification is this:
TEMPLE NOTIFIES STAKE PRES. of a temple worker call, and asks that he notify the bishop
STAKE PRES. forwards the call paper to the Bishop, and we attached a note asking the ward clerk to make sure they enter the calling into WARD MLS as a custom call.

Even if each ward actually did this, the stake wouldn't have a reliable way to run a report.

Your stake may already be doing one of these:
1) keeping a record of all those notifications, and/or
2) entering the call as a stake calling in stake MLS. This would then be reflected in each wards MLS for that person.

Then, you would have a way to run your report, or at least tally the papers.

I'm fairly certain your temple could provide you with a report for your stake members.
kisaac
Community Moderators

Post by kisaac »

lajackson wrote:In our stake we show temple workers as custom callings in MLS.
lajackson, does your stake clerks enter the custom call as a stake call in stake MLS, or ask your wards to enter the custom call in their ward MLS?
I like the idea that we would do it on the stake level for just the reason of this post...reporting, and the additional reason that we could make sure the calling is not lost in the paper shuffle
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

kisaac wrote:do your stake clerks enter the custom call as a stake call in stake MLS, or ask your wards to enter the custom call in their ward MLS?

We only have a few. The wards enter them. You can do it either way.

If the wards are not presently doing it, you might want to begin by having the stake do it, especially if there are a number of them. That does make it a little easier to keep track.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”