"Edit reservation details" vs "Edit event details and location"

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
drepouille

"Edit reservation details" vs "Edit event details and location"

Post by drepouille »

This may be a known bug, or it may be my misunderstanding of a feature.

I am the stake executive secretary, therefore an administrator. When I view the Reservations calendar, I see both reservations and events. The events are bold, and the reservations are a light grey.

If I click on a reservation, the pop-up contains a link that says, "Edit reservation details". So far, so good.
If I click on an event, the pop-up ALSO contains a link that says, "Edit reservation details". When I click on that link, I am taken to the Edit Event page.

Should that pop-up rather say "Edit event details and location"?
Dana
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

drepouille wrote:If I click on an event, the pop-up ALSO contains a link that says, "Edit reservation details". When I click on that link, I am taken to the Edit Event page.

Should that pop-up rather say "Edit event details and location"?

It definitely should say "Edit event details and location." I can't swear to it, but I thought that this was working properly on 2.0.1, which would mean it was broken on 2.0.2. I referred to this in this post and made that distinction there. I don't think I would have done that if both events and reservations had said "reservation details" when I was making that post, which was referring to 2.0.1.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

Return to “Calendar”