Issues for OOU leaders in YSA units

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
JohnSutherland

Issues for OOU leaders in YSA units

Post by JohnSutherland »

I am a stake clerk in a YSA stake in both CDOL and MLS. When I go to "Settings/Calendars", I can see about 8 calendars for the YSA stake with 7 being active.
Screen Shot 2011-11-10 at 2.32.55 PM.jpg
Screen Shot 2011-11-10 at 2.32.55 PM.jpg (23.01 KiB) Viewed 1150 times
When I return to the calendar using the "<<Calendar" button, none of the 8 are available for me to subscribe to. I can only see information for my home stake.
Screen Shot 2011-11-10 at 2.34.41 PM.jpg
Screen Shot 2011-11-10 at 2.34.41 PM.jpg (18.04 KiB) Viewed 1144 times
Why can't I view my YSA stake calendar for which I am an admin? Just to prove I am an admin, here is the image of that screen:
Screen Shot 2011-11-10 at 2.36.29 PM.jpg
Screen Shot 2011-11-10 at 2.36.29 PM.jpg (24.03 KiB) Viewed 1144 times
Mine is the name at the end of the list shown as the stake clerk.

John
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

johnsutherland wrote:When I return to the calendar using the "<<Calendar" button, none of the 8 are available for me to subscribe to. I can only see information for my home stake.

When you return to the calendar, you are seeing the list of calendars you are subscribed to. That's not the place where you subscribe to calendars, but rather the place where you can show or hide calendars you have already subscribed to. It doesn't matter whether you are an admin or not -- if you haven't subscribed to a calendar, you won't that calendar in that list.

Instead, you need to go to Settings > Subscriptions. There you can subscribe to whatever calendars you would like. You can also check the box for "Auto subscribe to new calendars" if you'd like to be automatically subscribed to new calendars as they are added. Once you have subscribed to calendars, you should see them appear on the Subscribed Calendars list on the main calendar view.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
JohnSutherland

Post by JohnSutherland »

That's interesting, but the YSA calendars don't show up in the Subscription tab either!
Screen Shot 2011-11-10 at 3.24.13 PM.jpg
Screen Shot 2011-11-10 at 3.24.13 PM.jpg (18.73 KiB) Viewed 1151 times
So, how do I get them to show up in the Subscription tab?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

johnsutherland wrote:That's interesting, but the YSA calendars don't show up in the Subscription tab either!

So, how do I get them to show up in the Subscription tab?
The YSA calendars aren't showing up on that screen shot because they are stake calendars, and you are only looking at the Ward Calendars. Note the big black button says "Ward Calendars" so that's all you are seeing. Click on the Stake Calendars link immediately to the right of that, and you should then see the stake calendars (or you can click on All Calendars to show all the calendars in one big list, but I prefer to just see the stake calendars or ward calendars in their own lists).

Once you see the stake calendars, you should be able to subscribe to them and then you'll see them on the main calendar view.

P.S. Thanks for taking the time to put screen shots on your posts -- it really makes it easy to see what is happening.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
JohnSutherland

Post by JohnSutherland »

Good information. Definitely some pilot error. However on the big black stake button notice that it has a "1" in parentheses. Here are the images for Stake Calendar and All Calendars. Still no YSA stake calendars shown.
Screen Shot 2011-11-10 at 3.41.47 PM.jpg
Screen Shot 2011-11-10 at 3.41.47 PM.jpg (17.58 KiB) Viewed 1145 times
Screen Shot 2011-11-10 at 3.41.32 PM.jpg
Screen Shot 2011-11-10 at 3.41.32 PM.jpg (12.41 KiB) Viewed 1146 times
Before you ask, yes there is an "active" calendar for Provo YSA 4th Stake. See image below.
Screen Shot 2011-11-10 at 3.44.02 PM.jpg
Screen Shot 2011-11-10 at 3.44.02 PM.jpg (22.06 KiB) Viewed 1146 times
Is there some other step to make them "really" active?

Thanks!
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

johnsutherland wrote:Is there some other step to make them "really" active?

Okay, now I'm stumped. There should be no other step. If the calendars are active and public (or private and you are at least a viewer), then you should be able to subscribe. I can see that several of the stake calendars are public ("Entire Unit") and so they should be subscribable.

I'm not sure what else to suggest at this point. Perhaps someone on the development team (or anyone else with a good idea) will see this thread and can offer a suggestion.
JohnSutherland

Post by JohnSutherland »

aebrown, I'm sorry you're stumped. Thank you for all the replies. Very good exchange and much better experience than I anticipated. Hopefully someone else will reply or I'm going to have to resort to calling friends at CHQ who work for ICS.
crislapi

Post by crislapi »

A question - are you a YSA or are you an out of unit leader? Judging from the title of the thread, I'd guess out-of-unit. There is a little carryover from the classic site that was recently discussed in this thread with a potential answer coming from this post.

When you log into the classic lds.org site and navigate to the administrator options page, are you listed as a non-resdient member? If not, (and if you're not, when you log in you'll be taken to your home ward/stake instead of the YSA ward/stake) it seems you will not be able to access the YSA ward's info on the new lds.org site. You will need a current admin on the stake's classic site to add you as a non-resident member. The stake president should be by default. He would have had to add any others manually. Admins on the classic site do not populate automatically from MLS.
jdcr256
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jdcr256 »

The images are too blurry for me to read the names of the calendar or to see the counts in the three sections of the Subscriptions tab, but I can tell that there are many more calendars in the All Calendars section then there are in the Ward and Stake sections combined. This is where you should be able to find your YSA calendars. We realize that this is VERY confusing, but until we can implement some additional UI pieces, this is how it works for OOU leaders.

I count 9 calendars in your Ward and Stake sections combined, and 16 in the All Calendars section. There are 7 active calendars in your Calendars tab, so that seems to account for all the calendars.

If your YSA calendars are truly not in the All Calendars list, we can continue looking for another bug that we are not yet aware of.
JohnSutherland

Post by JohnSutherland »

Crislapi, I am an out of Unit Leader. I am listed as a non-resident member in the classic lds.org site. I am listed in CDOL as the Stake Clerk in my YSA stake. My actual records are in my home ward in a regular/non-YSA stake.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2011-11-14 at 12.50.58 PM.jpg
(3.92 KiB) Downloaded 103 times

Return to “Calendar”