Private Calendar not showing up on LDS Tools App

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
becheery

Private Calendar not showing up on LDS Tools App

Post by becheery »

I have made a private family calendar so that I don't have to use two separate calendars for my personal self. But my private calendar is not showing up on my LDS tools App on my iPad. What is wrong?
kirkmeyers

Post by kirkmeyers »

I would double check to make sure you are subscribed to the private calendar. I have private calendars and can view them just fine on my iPad. Check and make sure the option to "auto subscribe" to new calendars is checked under Settings -> subscriptions
becheery

Post by becheery »

I am subscribed to the calendar and I'm auto subscribed as well. Don't know what the deal is. Drat! Any other ideas?
kirkmeyers

Post by kirkmeyers »

No that was my only thought...so on your iPad when you go to the calendar...then on the top click calendar...you don't see the private calendar in the list?
becheery

Post by becheery »

No, it shows every calendar except my personal calendar. I was rally wNting to go paperless next year and thought this calendar might work for me. Drat!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

What is your rights? Has the calendar been approved?

I can't recommend using the church system for a private family calendar, as it may not be that private from the leaders of the unit and could be subject to deletion. I'd suggest something else that will also sync to your iPad. I'm sure the iPad has something. Or perhaps Google calender.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
zaneclark

Post by zaneclark »

I agree with Russell....the iPad has a great calendar that you could use without the extra login to the church calendar. In the Webinar this morning, they did say that private calendars were available but cautioned against using them as a family calendar.
jdcr256
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jdcr256 »

Yes, I'll give an official caution about using private calendars as personal or family calendars. The purpose of the lds.org calendar is to facilitate local units with their calendaring functions, not to provide personal calendars to church members.
jefferyrl

Post by jefferyrl »

I recently imported my wards classic calendar into the new system and created about 12 calendars for all the events to be categorized. I have an iPhone and have the LDS Tools app; however, I cannot see ANY of the calendars that I created. :-( The only calendars that I can see on my phone is the Stake Calendar [which isn't getting updates] and a generic Ward calendar that is either the default or one that was created by the stake administrator.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jefferyrl wrote:I recently imported my wards classic calendar into the new system and created about 12 calendars for all the events to be categorized. I have an iPhone and have the LDS Tools app; however, I cannot see ANY of the calendars that I created. :-( The only calendars that I can see on my phone is the Stake Calendar [which isn't getting updates] and a generic Ward calendar that is either the default or one that was created by the stake administrator.

Note that the update frequency is completely dependent on your software. You may wish to check your options and make sure that it's doing regular updates and not just a one-time import.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Calendar”