PVC (Vidyo) for iPad

Discussions about the desktop video conferencing solution provided by the Church

Moderators: MarchantRR, rodhyde

rmajors

PVC (Vidyo) for iPad

Post by rmajors »

Vidyo is the Desktop version for PVC. Vidyo has an iPad version called VidyoMobile.
Is access allowed to the church portal with VidyoMobile using the iPad?
If so what is the portal that is requested from VidyoMobile? When I use the pvc-Portal.lds.org, I get an error saying "Old Portal".
Note: VidyoMobile appears to validate username and password correctly, but fails on the Portal.
ksolsen
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by ksolsen »

rmajors wrote:Vidyo is the Desktop version for PVC. Vidyo has an iPad version called VidyoMobile.
Is access allowed to the church portal with VidyoMobile using the iPad?
If so what is the portal that is requested from VidyoMobile? When I use the pvc-Portal.lds.org, I get an error saying "Old Portal".
Note: VidyoMobile appears to validate username and password correctly, but fails on the Portal.
Good question. I have posted an answer to that question on the PVC wiki here.
Kurt Olsen - Product Manager at Church HQ for Digital Presentation (Personal Video Conferencing, Meetinghouse Webcast, Conference Rooms, Video Conference Endpoints, Meetinghouse Digital Content)
BrownGr

Post by BrownGr »

Thanks for the advice. I still get a login failure when going through the authentification process
rmajors

Post by rmajors »

I also tried to login using the instructions and failed with "Invalid username or password".
ksolsen
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by ksolsen »

rmajors wrote:I also tried to login using the instructions and failed with "Invalid username or password".
There is a bit of a bug with the VidyoMobile iOS app. It requires that, the first time you log in, you enter your username with the proper upper- and lower-case letters. After the first time you log in, thereafter you can just enter the lower-case letters. Passwords are always case-sensitive, so nothing new with the password entry.

Most people don't know or remember which letters in their LDS Account username are capitalized. I have updated the wiki entry to tell you how to check that - please click herefor the updated instructions. Also, make sure you are entering the portal name correctly - also included on the wiki.
Kurt Olsen - Product Manager at Church HQ for Digital Presentation (Personal Video Conferencing, Meetinghouse Webcast, Conference Rooms, Video Conference Endpoints, Meetinghouse Digital Content)

Return to “Personal Video Conferencing”