Block Access to Directory

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
herronkw

Block Access to Directory

Post by herronkw »

I'm a Stake Clerk and I've had a situation arise where a member who wishes no contact with the Church is now using the directory information to contact members throughout the Stake with unwanted and unrequested information. I've been searching for information regarding blocking a specific individual's access to the directory but as of yet I've found nothing. Does this functionality exist in the new directory?

Thanks,
Kevin
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

w4kwh wrote:I'm a Stake Clerk and I've had a situation arise where a member who wishes no contact with the Church is now using the directory information to contact members throughout the Stake with unwanted and unrequested information. I've been searching for information regarding blocking a specific individual's access to the directory but as of yet I've found nothing. Does this functionality exist in the new directory?
There is no feature for blocking access. But I would suggest that you contact Local Unit Support and ask them for assistance. They will probably have the ability to do some things in this area that you can't do yourself.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

There was a feature of the classic LUWS that permitted administrators to disable an account. It sounds like for scenarios such as this that it would be a good idea to have something similar for the directory and possibly even the calendar.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
tomjoht

Post by tomjoht »

This is an interesting situation. Perhaps you could contact Local Unit Support and request that the user's LDS Account be disabled or converted to a non-member LDS Account. That way the user would no longer be able to access the directory. If you call Local Unit Support and find out this info, please post it on this thread.
herronkw

Post by herronkw »

Appreciate the responses. I'll contact LUWS Support and see what can be done.
kisaac
Community Moderators

Post by kisaac »

w4kwh wrote:Appreciate the responses. I'll contact LUWS Support and see what can be done.
If the user printed out a copy or saved the pdf while they had access, which many people have done, removing their access won't have any effect....
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Even if the horse has left the barn, it may still be wise to shut the door. Or at least learn how.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”