Bug: Potential conflict times include setup and cleanup for saved event

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Bug: Potential conflict times include setup and cleanup for saved event

Post by aebrown »

I found an odd bug that had me rather confused until I figured out what was going on. Here are the details:
  1. On a particular date, we have two events: Event A is at our stake center, and Event B is at another location (not a Church building).
  2. Event A was scheduled from 9:00am to 1:00pm
  3. Event B was scheduled from 8:00am to 4:00pm.
  4. I realized I hadn't included setup and cleanup times for Event A, so I went and entered 60 minutes setup before, and 30 minutes setup after.
  5. I saved the event.
  6. On the potential conflicts popup, I was shown Event B, but the times were listed as 7:00am to 4:30pm. Note that it should have been 8:00am to 4:00pm, but the setup and cleanup times from Event A were added to Event B. Oops!
Of course, Event B has no setup or cleanup times, since it is not at any location. And I adjusted the setup and cleanup times for Event A as an experiment, and on each save of Event A, the times displayed for Event B included the setup/cleanup times for Event A.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
jdcr256
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jdcr256 »

Can you try this again now that 2.0.2 is deployed (it was deployed at 3:30pm today)? I'm trying to reproduce it and it is working correctly.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

jdcr256 wrote:Can you try this again now that 2.0.2 is deployed (it was deployed at 3:30pm today)? I'm trying to reproduce it and it is working correctly.
Wow, that was quick. I found the bug on 2.0.1-build 2449, and less than an hour later, it is indeed fixed on 2.0.2-build 2509.

Ah, if only all my problems would go away so quickly!
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

Return to “Calendar”