who can access "Online Official Communication Library?"

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
kisaac
Community Moderators

who can access "Online Official Communication Library?"

Post by kisaac »

I've been asked to research some policy matters, but as a stake assistant clerk I can't access the "Online Official Communication Library" at https://lds.org/letters/

The LDStech wiki only vaguely refers to LDS account credentials
"Online Official Communication Library
An official repository of communications is stored at letters.lds.org. The site requires LDSAccount credentials to access...."
And the "leader tools" Access table makes no mention of it.

It allows me to sign in, appearing to work, but won't bring up any documents....
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

kisaac wrote:I've been asked to research some policy matters, but as a stake assistant clerk I can't access the "Online Official Communication Library"

I'm also an assistant stake clerk, and have the same experience as you mentioned. The help link for that area says:
When a new letter or notice is added to the library, stake presidents and bishops receive an e-mail message with a link to the document in the library. Stake presidencies and bishoprics can also access the library at any time from the leaders’ site at lds.org/leader or directly at lds.org/letters.
Of course this raises the question of what the terms "stake presidency" and "bishopric" mean; usually those terms are used in a way that means only the unit leader and his two counselors, but sometimes they can include clerks. In any case I know that my stake president can access the OCL, and that I can't. I'll ask around at my stake presidency meeting tonight to see if counselors and/or the stake clerk have access.

But it would be nice to have the OCL listed on the Access Table to avoid confusion.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
kisaac
Community Moderators

Post by kisaac »

Irony: As a stake assistant clerk, I can read the hardcopy of "handbook 1," but cannot read documents in the "official Communication Library...." or Handbook 1 online.....
dannykos

Post by dannykos »

A Bishop can access the Official Communication page.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

aebrown wrote:I'm also an assistant stake clerk, and have the same experience as you mentioned. The help link for that area says:
Of course this raises the question of what the terms "stake presidency" and "bishopric" mean; usually those terms are used in a way that means only the unit leader and his two counselors, but sometimes they can include clerks. In any case I know that my stake president can access the OCL, and that I can't. I'll ask around at my stake presidency meeting tonight to see if counselors and/or the stake clerk have access.
Ward clerks have access so I expect Stake clerks do as well.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

I can get to it as a ward clerk.
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

I'm also an assistant stake clerk and like aebrown don't have access to OCL.
JonesRK wrote:I can get to it as a ward clerk.
This of course is probably the reason Ward/Stake clerks, but not assistants.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”