Inter-ward transfers

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
jaylu77

Inter-ward transfers

Post by jaylu77 »

Does anyone have a suggestion on how to transfer funds from one ward to another?

BACKGROUND: We have had some youth pay for EFY in our ward last year, and the ward was split due to boundary realignment, we lost half of the youth to the other ward. The EFY administrators are looking for payment from these youth to be transfered. How can I do this?

I thought about righting a check to the other ward. Is this what others would do, or is there another way?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

jaylu77 wrote:Does anyone have a suggestion on how to transfer funds from one ward to another?

BACKGROUND: We have had some youth pay for EFY in our ward last year, and the ward was split due to boundary realignment, we lost half of the youth to the other ward. The EFY administrators are looking for payment from these youth to be transfered. How can I do this?

I thought about righting a check to the other ward. Is this what others would do, or is there another way?
Write a check. There is currently no other way. You'll want to have some documentation to justify your expense, so ask the other ward for a letter or some other sort of invoice, perhaps a copy of the communication from the EFY administrators.

Another possibility (which still involves writing a check) is to send a check directly to the EFY administrators. I don't know if that fits your situation here, but might be another option.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”