Reactivating Locations

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
jcevans

Reactivating Locations

Post by jcevans »

Hi,

I need to set the timezones and reactivate the loctions. But, everytime i select "Locations and Roms", i get a message that data is not currently availlabe and to try again later. I have been receiving this since 2.0 was deployed. Today, the message was in Spanish, even though everything else was in English.

Help!!!! I now seem to be the bottle neck for the rest of the stake building schedulers to do their job.

Thanks
Jon
mmkids6

Post by mmkids6 »

After you have selected your time zone, in order to reactivate the calendars you have to select whether or not the location is a meetinghouse that can be scheduled by the Ward and Stake. This then should reactivate the calendar.

This location is a meetinghouse.
This location can be scheduled by Wards and Stakes
jcevans

Post by jcevans »

Hi - Thanks for the reply, but i can't even get that far. Before i get to the point to select the timezone, it tells me the data is not available. My steps are
1) Click the down arrow on Settings
2) Click on Locations and rooms

then the message appears.

Am i doing something wrong? It seems easy enough that even i should be able to do it right!

Thanks
Jon
jdcr256
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jdcr256 »

If you can provide some additional information, I may be able to debug your problem.

First, I need some information about you:
- Copy the information on that page, and send it to me in a private message.

Second, if you are comfortable with Firefox extensions, install the Firebug extension and follow these instructions:

Once it is installed, there should be a button added to the top of your browser to turn it on. When it is on, it opens a section at the bottom of your browser. This new section will have a series of tabs across the top (Console, HTML, CSS, Script, etc.). You'll want to click on the Console tab, which will be turned off by default. Once you've clicked on the Console tab, it will have a button to turn it on (Enable). Do this, and then load up the calendar application.

As soon as you hit the application, you'll see a lot of web service requests (they just look like standard URL's) start filling the Firebug window. You can just use the calendar as normal, and watch the results in Firebug.

When you visit the Locations & Rooms tab, you should see the corresponding service calls, and be able to identify which one is failing.

If the request succeeds, it will remain black and you'll see a '200' appear at the end of the URL (200 is the http code for a successful response).

If the request fails, it will turn red and you'll see a different error code after the URL (most likely a 404 or a 500).

If the request does not return, you'll just see a little spinning icon after the URL that never goes away.

Let me know the URL of the service call that is failing, and I might be able to find your problem.
jcevans

Post by jcevans »

Hi,
I am using a company provided laptop. They do not want me to install firefox on it.
Any other ideas?
Jon
mfmohlma

Post by mfmohlma »

Firebug lite is compatible with all major browsers.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

But it must be installed. That is the problem.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
jcevans

Post by jcevans »

mfmohlma wrote:Firebug lite is compatible with all major browsers.
I tried to install it. But, IE shows in the bottom left corner "Done, but with errors on the page".

Can we accomplish the same thing using the developer tools in IE? It has a console button and such. I've been looking at it to see if i can find the 200 or 500 (or whatever is returned).

It must be something with my account, i have tried it on other pcs also, get the same message that no data is available at this time and to try again later. I have asked two other admins (stake presidency member and Exec Sect) to see if they can reactivate these, but they have not had time to get to it yet. Regardless, that would just be a bandage, i will need access down the road so i need to figure out what the issue is with my account.

Thanks
Jon
jdcr256
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jdcr256 »

Getting the failing service from the console is important, but I still haven't received your header information.

Here are my instructions again from my first post:
jdcr256 wrote: First, I need some information about you:
- Copy the information on that page, and send it to me in a private message.

Second, if you are comfortable with Firefox extensions, install the Firebug extension and follow these instructions:
TerryDM
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by TerryDM »

I have added a bug report for this issue (LUC-2881) and have discovered the problem. The fix will be available in the next release.

Return to “Calendar”