A problem I have never heard of before...

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
quicky

A problem I have never heard of before...

Post by quicky »

One of our wards had a new issue pop up this Sunday while doing a batch. When checking off the checks and checking the appropriate box beside the check on the screen, they found that about 1/2 way down the list the top box would uncheck itself as a new box was checked off. They finally had to delete 1/2 of the batch and run it as two batches to get all the boxes to check off. I got a call afterward but really have no clue on this item.

When Ward Clerks make a query to LUS for help, they often get a line telling them to check with their Stake Clerk over finance for training. Is there some magic place I am supposed to go for training? It appears to me that Ward finance clerks have exactly the same training opportunities I have. Same Wiki forum, same LUS, same outdated trng. module through the church trng. site (last updated 2008), etc. In fact, LDS.org takes you to this site with a disclaimer about it not necessarily representing the latest church policy. It just seems an odd way to run a railroad....KQ
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

Quicky wrote:One of our wards had a new issue pop up this Sunday while doing a batch. When checking off the checks and checking the appropriate box beside the check on the screen, they found that about 1/2 way down the list the top box would uncheck itself as a new box was checked off. They finally had to delete 1/2 of the batch and run it as two batches to get all the boxes to check off. I got a call afterward but really have no clue on this item.
I haven't heard of that one either.
Quicky wrote:When Ward Clerks make a query to LUS for help, they often get a line telling them to check with their Stake Clerk over finance for training. Is there some magic place I am supposed to go for training? It appears to me that Ward finance clerks have exactly the same training opportunities I have. Same Wiki forum, same LUS, same outdated trng. module through the church trng. site (last updated 2008), etc. In fact, LDS.org takes you to this site with a disclaimer about it not necessarily representing the latest church policy. It just seems an odd way to run a railroad....KQ

The one significant advantage a stake clerk has is that everyone calls him, so he gets to hear about all the issues. I have often been in a position to help a ward financial clerk with an issue because a clerk from a different ward had previously called me on the issue. And of course it helps a lot that I read every post on LDSTech.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
crislapi

Post by crislapi »

If you call LUS (assuming you're the stake clerk), they will be more willing to work through the problem.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”