How to enable non-ward members to view ward calendar?

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
ddhealey

How to enable non-ward members to view ward calendar?

Post by ddhealey »

I would like to enable Stake leaders and High Council members to view or view/edit Ward calendars. In earlier training material it discussed adding these leaders as "Editors" on the ward calendar to give them "view" capability. I am unable to add (either by name or role) any non-ward member to view a ward calendar. How are we supposed to do this?:confused:
crislapi

Post by crislapi »

The current calendar version does not have the capability of granting access to out-of-unit leaders, even if you create out-of-unit records in your MLS for them. Luckily, the bishopric can view automatically based on their calling even though you can't add them by name (if they are out-of-unit leaders). Seems to be a current limitation of the calendar.
hirsp1

Stake Leaders View

Post by hirsp1 »

This is a necessary change to the system. Stake leaders need to be able to see what's happening in the units.
crislapi

Post by crislapi »

Don't tell me. There's nothing I can do about it.
crislapi

Post by crislapi »

hirsp1 wrote:This is a necessary change to the system.
Consider following the advice given in this thread.

Most users of this forum are just regular members like you and me who come here to learn a thing or two and perhaps help with tips and advice where they can. So while most users might agree with you, we are as helpless as you at effectuating the desired changes. However, if you want to know how others are dealing with this same issue, then you've come to the right place.

Return to “Calendar”