Can NOT post Events with overlapping time periods Regardless of Locations or Resource

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
KenRichins

Can NOT post Events with overlapping time periods Regardless of Locations or Resource

Post by KenRichins »

This week we have found that if we try and schedule any event at any location on any stake calendar that has overlapping times it will not fail nor does it produce an error message just the eternal spinning gear! IF one is on a ward calendar and one is on a stake calendar the all is fine BUT if two are on Stake calendars then the second one fails to save, even if one ha other location or no location it still fails until we set the end time to anytime BEFORE or equal to the second one's start time. We see the same problem with ward calendars interfering with other ward calendars of the same unit. Could this be because ALL our Stake calendars start with the word STAKE and ALL our Ward calendars Start with the units NAME. IS this causing the program to think that because the first part of the calendar name is the same that it is the same calendar and won't allow the conflict?
KenRichins

Post by KenRichins »

Many have looked at this post but, no one has offered a fix! No one has said if they have the same problem or if it is unique to out stake. Please I need some feedback on this problem as it has blocked ALL of our Stake Calendars from been able to use the same building on the same day!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I can't test this right now as the system seems to be down. I'd imagine that the lack of response is due to no one else experiencing the same problem. Although it's possible they have yet to schedule an overlapping event.

Just to be clear, you are scheduling different rooms, right? If you've not broken down the Stake Center into separate rooms, or you're cutting into the clean up/setup times, this would be expected behavior.

Also, it will warn you about a possible conflict, but it should go ahead and save the event.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
KenRichins

Post by KenRichins »

YES, different rooms in the same building cause the problem. 1st event 6 pm to 8:30 pm stake Center Cultural Hall and Kitchen 30 min set up and 30 min take down. 2nd event 7 pm to 8 pm Stake Center Chapel no setup or take down.

You can enter either event first with no problems, when you enter the second you get the spinning wait icon forever! IF I change the times so there is no over lap then they save fine.
dshep2020

Post by dshep2020 »

I just tried this on our stake calendar and had no issues scheduling overlapping events in the same building using different rooms. I tried using different setup times, different overlap lengths, etc. Nothing would result in what you are seeing.
mfmohlma

Post by mfmohlma »

KenRichins wrote:You can enter either event first with no problems, when you enter the second you get the spinning wait icon forever!

If you'd like to dig deeper into this, the developers seem to appreciate feedback on any anomalies you can view with Firebug. This may give them insight into where the code is hanging.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Now that the calendar is working again, I'm unable to duplicate the problem. It's spent more time on the spinner then I'd like, but it did clear up in maybe 30 seconds.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Calendar”