New Calendar Training Webinar November 2011

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
robert_lewis

New Calendar Training Webinar November 2011

Post by robert_lewis »

Our stake was really excited to hear about this special training that is being offered in multiple sessions and on different days for different audiences.

There is only one thing we could ask for more - would you please do an audio translation in Spanish (i.e. someone interpreting) for the two evening sessions? We have 3 Spanish wards that would like to participate.

Thanks in advance,
Robert Lewis STS
Houston, Texas
tomjoht

Post by tomjoht »

We will translate all help materials into 10 languages shortly. They just aren't available yet. However, you can watch spanish machine-captioned subtitles for the 3 youtube videos. When you're watching the videos, click play, then click the CC button. Then move your mouse over the CC button and choose Translate captions. You can choose the language you want to see the captions in.
robert_lewis

Post by robert_lewis »

Thanks for the tip. Although you didn't answer my question, this is extremely useful information. For anyone else interested in the answer, I emailed Meetinghouse Technology (mhtechtraining@ldschurch.org) at the same time as I posted to this subforum and they replied back within 2 hours (on a Friday afternoon)! How's that for service?! Anyway, here was the official reply:

Thank you for your interest in the training. Unfortunately these sessions will only be available in English. However, I will pass along this request so it can be taken into consideration for future trainings.

That was pretty much expected. I had another idea, however - if I can video capture the webinar on my own computer at home, we can have one or more people from our stake translate the webinar into Spanish and rebroadcast it (using the Meetinghouse Broadcast device) or else just play it back one night at the stake meetinghouse. Question is, does anyone on this forum recommend a good *free* video capture program? If the webinar is in Flash, there are lots of free utilities for that, but for capturing a stream in Windows Media Player or something else, the only one I'm familiar with that will capture any video is SnagIt (but that costs some moolah if I use it beyond just a trial). Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance.
danpass

Post by danpass »

robert_lewis wrote:Question is, does anyone on this forum recommend a good *free* video capture program? If the webinar is in Flash, there are lots of free utilities for that, but for capturing a stream in Windows Media Player or something else, the only one I'm familiar with that will capture any video is SnagIt (but that costs some moolah if I use it beyond just a trial). Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

This recent post in another forum recommends a capture program that may work for you. According to the post, it isn't free, but apparently not very expensive.
robert_lewis

Post by robert_lewis »

Thank you for the tip. I'm also looking into http://camstudio.org/
tomjoht

Post by tomjoht »

You can download a 30 day free trial of Camtasia Studio and use that. It's probably your best option.
clintgardner

Post by clintgardner »

What is the link to the New Calendar training webinar?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

clintgardner wrote:What is the link to the New Calendar training webinar?
The slides are available on the wiki at Calendar webinar slides. The video is not yet available, as far as I know.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
tomjoht

Post by tomjoht »

Yeah, the video is in process. I'm just waiting for approval and upload notification.

Return to “Calendar”