Leadership Synchronization Problem?

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Member Tools Application.
ammonihah

Leadership Synchronization Problem?

Post by ammonihah »

Please excuse me, but I have been a lurker to date but I have a question about data sync. I am a ward clerk. Today, the bishop came to me and asked me why so many of our members callings had not been updated. There as a huge list. I logged in to MLS to fix things and none of what he reported was there. The data was as it was for the last few weeks. So then I asked him where he got his information. Turns out he got it from his iphone running LDS Tools. So I grabbed my iPhone, deleted the data and did a sync. Sure enough, the date represented in the iPhone did not match the leadership data in MLS. I am running the latest released version of Tools.

Is this a bug?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

The place to check is the CDOL. MLS updates the CDOL and from there it syncs to all the other sites except for the Classic LUWS. That one has to be done by hand by a site admin.

Note that there's very little time lag between MLS send/receive and CDOL. From CDOL to the rest, it can take a day or two.

Assuming the CDOL is incorrect, you may wish to follow the Correcting duplicate or missing callings procedure.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

RussellHltn wrote: From CDOL to the rest, it can take a day or two.
From CDOL to LDS.org Directory it is immediate for the leadership display. For access rights it is a day or two.
ammonihah

Post by ammonihah »

Maybe I didn't explain good enough. MLS was updated several weeks ago with many new callings and a lot of releases. The data shows up correctly in MLS, but after several weeks the LDSTools data has not caught up. Is this normal?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

No, it is not normal. But the first step in troubleshooting is to look at the CDOL.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

And after checking the CDOL check Leader Tools from a PC browser. The same data from CDOL feeds both the mobile apps as well as the on-line PC LDS.org apps.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
crislapi

Post by crislapi »

Has he tried updating his LDStools? Every time my stake leaders start getting after me it is because they haven't updated the information on the phone. Somewhere there is an option to refresh/resync/update/etc.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

crislapi wrote:Has he tried updating his LDStools? Every time my stake leaders start getting after me it is because they haven't updated the information on the phone. Somewhere there is an option to refresh/resync/update/etc.

Good point, but the OP stated that he duplicated the issue with a fresh sync.

ammonihah

Post by ammonihah »

Does CDOL store all callings, not just leadership? Most of the callings not updating seem to be things like ward missionary, relief society board member, and other callings that are not presidencies.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

ammonihah wrote:Does CDOL store all callings, not just leadership? Most of the callings not updating seem to be things like ward missionary, relief society board member, and other callings that are not presidencies.
Yes it does. You should be able to look at your unit in CDOL and see what it has. Once you sign in search on your unit name or number and then click on show all positions.

Return to “iPhone/iPad Member Tools App”