Message from Webpage on Internet Explorer 8

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
mmkids6

Message from Webpage on Internet Explorer 8

Post by mmkids6 »

I am constently getting the following message when I login to the calendar, even when I have what the message is asking for. The message is: "You are using an unsupported browser. For the best user experience use either ____, or Internet Explorer 8 (or greater), or _____ to access this application. All my computers have Internet Explorer 8. What can be done so that this message does not appear anymore?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

I primarily us Firefox. But to check I tried it on IE8 (8.0.6001.18702) and it worked fine for me. Check to make sure you have the latest patches and then clear your browser cache. Other than that it may be local to your computer.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

mmkids6 wrote:All my computers have Internet Explorer 8. What can be done so that this message does not appear anymore?
Even if you are using IE8, you will get that message if you are viewing the page in Compatibility View (since that acts more like IE7). Check your Compatibility View settings (under Page or Tools).
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

Return to “Calendar”