Requested Feature: Separate Subscribing/Viewing From Syncing

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
rnetty

Requested Feature: Separate Subscribing/Viewing From Syncing

Post by rnetty »

It would be most useful if subscribing/viewing & syncing with mobile devices/calendar clients were NOT rolled into a single feature. Here are two examples how having these features separate would be beneficial/useful.

1) As the executive secretary, I keep the Bisho's calendar for him. I need to see his calendar when I'm scheduling new appointments for him, but there is no need for me to have all his appointments show up on my mobile devices as I also use the sync feature to subscribed to my LDS.org calendars on my mobile. Sure, I can keep subscribing and unsubscribing to the Bishop's calendar when I need to make appointments, but having subscribing/viewing & syncing as two separate toggles independent of each other would be far more useful/clean/less cumbersome on my end.

2) When preparing the weekly ward bulletin is is most helpful to see events for all the calendars on the web site. I don't want to every event for every calendar showing up on my mobile devices and home computer, however. That kind of defeats the whole purpose of allowing various calendars to which people can subscribe.
CodyAPhillips

100% Agree

Post by CodyAPhillips »

I couldn't agree more with this request. As a previous Executive Secretary I had this happen A LOT! Now I am in a Stake Young Men's calling and I have zero desire to see ALL of the stake calendars, but I do want to see just my Stake Young Mens calendar. Again, unsubscribing to everyone and then resubscribing when I do want to see it is a pain. Why not make the option to sync a calendar on an individual calendar basis?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

This topic was discussed in great detail (with some helpful input from a member of the Calendar development team) in the thread Calendar Sync Google Calendar for out of unit Stakes.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
clarkburbidge

Post by clarkburbidge »

+1 for this suggestion...

Return to “Calendar”