Entering and reading a long posting on a event?

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
dhzobell

Entering and reading a long posting on a event?

Post by dhzobell »

When trying to post an event which is long, such as stake listing of welfare assignments of several wards on the same date and time, I write out the full message but he calendar will only carry about5 34 characters on the line before it tails off to .... and not available for future reference. If I try to do this with multiple entires to show on several lines, it comes onto the calendar in a random and changing order which I cannot control. The "classic calendar" would do this. The new calendar is a disaster for this!
dshep2020

Post by dshep2020 »

You could post a shortened URL link to the full document on your ward/stake news and information page. (btw..why do we have to double authenticate to LUWS?) Doesn't help much on a printed calendar, but it could be a workaround for online.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

dshepher wrote:*btw..why do we have to double authenticate to LUWS?)

Only newer websites use the single sign-on system of the new lds.org. The Classic LUWS is an old site that is not being developed anymore, so it uses the old separate authentication system. As the new modules are created to replace the Classic LUWS, they will use the new single sign-on system, and so eventually only one sign-in will be required.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

Return to “Calendar”