Calendar sync support for OSX Lion?

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
aemadrid

Calendar sync support for OSX Lion?

Post by aemadrid »

Can't figure out how to sync my Lion iCal. Has anybody figured it out?
mwgrover

Post by mwgrover »

I am still on Snow Leopard myself, so I can't guarantee that this will work. Did iCal change in Lion so that these instructions are no longer valid?
1. Copy the following URL:
http://lds.org/church-calendar/services ... xxxxxxxxxx
(This URL is provided for your own personal use. It should not be shared with anyone else.)
2. In iCal, select Calendar and then Subscribe...
3. Paste the URL into the given field.
4. Click Subscribe.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Note that everyone has their own URL. You'll have to get the one that applies to you from the sync menu of the calendar.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
rem1701e

Post by rem1701e »

You will need to go to your "Calendar Settings" and then to "Sync" to get your unique URL. I just tried it on OS:X Lion and it worked just fine.
Ray Merritt
Jerome 2nd Ward
2nd Councilor
rgme

Post by rgme »

The subscription instructions seem to be correct. A word of advice, though, about refreshing the subscriptions: by default, the calendar has to be refreshed manually (Calendar>Refresh/All). I change my calendars to refresh on some set interval (Preferences>Accounts). At least in Snow Leopard, the default action was to subscribe and use manual refresh. That sequence is more like importing than subscribing.
I've helped other people with subscribing to other calendars, and we've run into the problem of them subscribing ("importing") the calendar, and then not seeing new events because they didn't know they had to manually refresh.

Return to “Calendar”