Unable to save changes on some events

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
sullivanbeck

Unable to save changes on some events

Post by sullivanbeck »

We're finalizing next year's calendar, and I've had to make changes to a large number of events... but there are some that I cannot change for some reason.

One example:

We have an event that was added to the wrong calendar. There were a whole series of related problems (the submitter wasn't noticing what the default calendar was) and they were all submitted to the wrong calendar. I've changed all but one of them, but one event, I update it, change the calendar, and try to save, and get the spinning circle thing forever, and the update is never saved. I've tried clearing cache/cookies, and even used a total of 4 different browsers on 3 computers (including IE, Firefox, and KDE Konqueror) and I can't save the update for this particular event.

Worse, I've got about 8 different instances where I cannot save changes (even though I've saved dozens of other changes). Some are wrong calendar, some are wrong time, some are wrong location, and a few are changing from all-day to specific time, so there's all kinds of changes.

Any suggestions? I'll provide any information needed to fix this.

Thanks
jdcr256
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jdcr256 »

Were these events created as part of a series of repeating events? Or were they single events?
sullivanbeck

Post by sullivanbeck »

They were single events, just entered one after the other.

As another example, I have an event that was scheduled without specifying the time, so it came up as 2:00 PM. I'm trying to change that to 7:00 PM, and again, I get the spinning circle. That's the ONLY change I'm making to that particular event.
jdcr256
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jdcr256 »

Can you give a specific example with an Event ID? The ID is in the URL when viewing the details of the event (look for 'eventID=#####').

Along with the ID, can you give a step by step of everything you did to the event.

E.g.:
- Created the event on calendar y
- Edited the name
- tried to move it to calendar x
- etc.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

SullivanBeck wrote:As another example, I have an event that was scheduled without specifying the time, so it came up as 2:00 PM. I'm trying to change that to 7:00 PM, and again, I get the spinning circle. That's the ONLY change I'm making to that particular event.

Have you checked to make sure there's no conflicting event, (or even another event at that time even if the resources are different)? What about a reservation on the resource?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sullivanbeck

Post by sullivanbeck »

Sure. Here are the two examples I gave above.

First is the event I'm trying to move to a different calendar.
EventID = 792931
Old calendar = Stake Activities
New calendar = Stake Single Adults
sullivanbeck

Post by sullivanbeck »

Second is the event where I'm trying to change the time.

EventID = 4819990
Old time = 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM
New time = 7:00 PM - 11:00 PM
sullivanbeck

Post by sullivanbeck »

Well, I can't really check if there's a ward event because I can't look at other calendars (one thing I do NOT like about the new calendar). And if there were a conflict, isn't it supposed to pop up a message like "these conflicts exist" rather than spinning forever? I know that I often get a message about "possible conflicts" especially when I'm scheduling all-day events.

The even IS scheduled at the stake center, and there are two wards that also schedule events in that building (and I sure wish that I could see what events they've got scheduled), so it it possible that someone has something scheduled at the same time as my second example. However, in the first example where I'm just changing calendars, I can't see how a conflict would exist, since the event is already scheduled... just in the wrong calendar.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

SullivanBeck wrote:And if there were a conflict, isn't it supposed to pop up a message like "these conflicts exist" rather than spinning forever?
"Supposed to".

SullivanBeck wrote:The even IS scheduled at the stake center, and there are two wards that also schedule events in that building (and I sure wish that I could see what events they've got scheduled), so it it possible that someone has something scheduled at the same time as my second example. However, in the first example where I'm just changing calendars, I can't see how a conflict would exist, since the event is already scheduled... just in the wrong calendar.

If you switch to week view, you should be able to activate a calendar by location. You'll see anything associated with that location. Even if it's in another ward.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sullivanbeck

Post by sullivanbeck »

RussellHltn wrote:If you switch to week view, you should be able to activate a calendar by location. You'll see anything associated with that location. Even if it's in another ward.

Cool. I didn't realize that. Thanks.

So, looking at the week view, I see two events that same evening. One is scheduled at a different building, and one has no location, so neither should conflict with me moving the event to 7:00 PM.

On a long shot, I tried changing the time from week view, but it still popped up the spinning circle.

Return to “Calendar”