Scheduling Multiple Rooms at One Location

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
auna

Scheduling Multiple Rooms at One Location

Post by auna »

How do you schedule multiple rooms at one location for one event?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

auna wrote:How do you schedule multiple rooms at one location for one event?
In the list of rooms, use Ctrl+Click to select additional rooms.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
auna

Post by auna »

aebrown wrote:In the list of rooms, use Ctrl+Click to select additional rooms.
Thank you very much. I just discovered that you can also press Shift+Click to select all rooms in the list sequence and for Macs it is Command+Click to select multiple rooms not in the list sequence. I learn something new each day.
LesleyAnn

no way to specify particular resource for an event

Post by LesleyAnn »

In v1 each resource had a box we were able to check to specify where/when to reserve the event. In v2, though the resources are listed, there are no such boxes so no way to reserve a resource. Help on this please? Thank you!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

lesleyann wrote:In v1 each resource had a box we were able to check to specify where/when to reserve the event. In v2, though the resources are listed, there are no such boxes so no way to reserve a resource. Help on this please? Thank you!

There's no box, but you can still select a resource by highlighting it. You can highlight multiple resources by holding the ctrl key as you click. (Or use the shift key to select all the items from the first previously selected item). That's a standard Windows method of selecting items. Apple uses something simular.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
LesleyAnn

no check boxes next to resources

Post by LesleyAnn »

I am a bldg schdlr; in v1 there were checkboxes next to each resource that you clicked on when reserving that resouce (room etc) in the bldg when scheduling an event; in v2 no checkboxes exist so no resources can be reserved at the time of scheduling. can you help with this please?
thank you.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

lesleyann wrote:I am a bldg schdlr; in v1 there were checkboxes next to each resource that you clicked on when reserving that resouce (room etc) in the bldg when scheduling an event; in v2 no checkboxes exist so no resources can be reserved at the time of scheduling. can you help with this please?
Note: This was originally posted to an unrelated thread (https://tech.lds.org/forum/showthread.p ... -locations) so I moved it to a relevant thread. See the earlier response for the answer to your question.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
kisaac
Community Moderators

Post by kisaac »

Does it still work to Left-click + drag on the mouse through the locations list as well to select multiple rooms? (I can't test it anymore.)
Anyway, I'm hoping for a return of the checkboxes so we won't have to answer this as many times....

(update: yes: for rooms that are adjacent in the list, a Left mouseclick, hold and drag will select multiple adjacent rooms.)
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

Based on the number of reports in these forums of the users having difficulty with this it only makes sense to restore the checkbox as a method of selecting.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

It would be nice if they did so, but I suspect the reason for going with a list is to avoid setting a upper limit on the number of rooms a location could have. That creates issues in the layout of the form. I'm not sure how hard it is to have check boxes within scroll windows on a web form.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Calendar”