New calendar does not work on HP touchpad

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
karcaw

New calendar does not work on HP touchpad

Post by karcaw »

After the update to 2.0 the calendar no longer works in the web browser on my HP touchpad. Any help i can give in debugging the issues please ask.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Is it the same symptoms as Calendar No Longer Works on Android Browser? (Just a blue background?)
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
danpass

Post by danpass »

RussellHltn wrote:Is it the same symptoms as Calendar No Longer Works on Android Browser? (Just a blue background?)
No, the page partially renders. See image:
browser_2011-03-11_184200.jpg
browser_2011-03-11_184200.jpg (11.55 KiB) Viewed 603 times
The calendar itself never renders, regardless if week or month view is selected. Also, unselecting any or all of the calendars makes no difference.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

What happens if you go to the reservation calendar?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
danpass

Post by danpass »

RussellHltn wrote:What happens if you go to the reservation calendar?

I wasn't set up as a scheduler, but went ahead and added myself. The reservation calendar does work on the TouchPad.
kmertlich

Post by kmertlich »

Same problem with the Reservation calendar. The progress indicator continues to spin but nothing appears within the calendar grid.

Grid lines do appear but no data.
danpass

Post by danpass »

danpass wrote:I wasn't set up as a scheduler, but went ahead and added myself. The reservation calendar does work on the TouchPad.
kmertlich wrote:Same problem with the Reservation calendar. The progress indicator continues to spin but nothing appears within the calendar grid.

Grid lines do appear but no data.
Okay, I see that you are correct. In the case of the reservation calendar, unlike the regular calendar view on the TouchPad, the calendar grid does get rendered. But as you said, the calendar is not populated. In my case, since no reservations had been set up yet, when I saw the empty reservation calendar, it is what I was expecting and the spinner was below, out of view. Having now opened the reservation calendar on my computer for the first time, I now see that this expectation was incorrect.

In case this is helpful to anyone, although no event data is displayed, I found that tapping on any day in the calendar, does bring up a New Reservation dialog box.

Return to “Calendar”