Process / Policy for dealing the Local FM group

Discussions around the setup, operation, replacement, and disposal of clerk computers, not to include using MLS
sphester

Process / Policy for dealing the Local FM group

Post by sphester »

Can someone please clarify the following.

It seems in our stake that when ever I want to order some new parts of a faulty PC or ask the FMG a question it has to be relayed via the stake PFR or stake president. It seems as the stake tech i'm unable to to send them e-mails direct. I this really the case? and if so it is positively silly?

Thanks

Simon
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

From a "line of authority" issue, that's probably correct.

Once you've built a relationship, you may be able to email the FMG and add the SP/PFR as a CC to keep them in the loop. They can then "reply all" with "approved". That's how it works for me.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

We've seen a large difference in our FM group support from time to time.

There have been times in the past where the building was getting in terrible shape and our please for assistance went unanswered (from both the Stake and the FM group). Currently, though, we have very good response - in fact our ward is the Agent ward this year and the bishop calls our FM group contact directly on his cell phone anytime we find a problem and he get's it "on the list." Urgent problems are usually fixed same-day or next day. Very happy with their support at this time.
sphester

Post by sphester »

Well I'm getting about nowhere right now and it just slows everything down. I e-mail them direct and they just seem to ignore me and reply back via the stake PFR like I don't exist.

It also doe snot help when i know technical stuff but yet they just want to ignore my comments and idea.

Quite frankly just feel like saying thanks but no thanks I've better things to do with my time. I love the church but when it comes to these management type things about buildings and computers it just gets daft.
crislapi

Post by crislapi »

The single biggest factor is the FM group themselves.

From a strictly procedural or line-of-authority standpoint, yes, all communication should go through the Stake PFR. Even though I was serving as a stake clerk and stake tech. spec., here are replies I got from my FM group when I was first getting started:
There is a proper line of authority for requisitioning supplies. It is the PFR’s calling to be the liaison between wards/stakes and the Facilities Maintenance office. We have over XX wards to care for and need to channel access through the Lord’s appointed servants to maintain a house of order.
and
The proper procedure is that ALL Stake needs and requests come through the Stake PFR, no exceptions. He is the representative of the Stake President and responsible for knowing what the needs are if any and should verify the need.
Long story short, involve your Stake PFR or talk to the Stake President of your concerns and consider suggesting he call you as a Stake PFR as well so that you can perform your calling in a timely manner. It might also be helpful to keep in mind FM operates on a budget as well and has limited capability in absorbing unplanned expenses in a timely manner.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

When I was an STS I would send my messages to the PFR and CC the FM manager. After about six weeks the FM manager began replying to me and CCing the PFR. As long as I kept the PFR in the loop the FM manager was fine with me contacting him. If the PFR felt it necessary to interject something he would, but he seldom did. It was a relationship that developed.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Clerk Computers”