"only this event" frustration

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
2gerolyn

"only this event" frustration

Post by 2gerolyn »

I am unable to make time and room changes on "only this event". V2 seems to sort through the entire series and shows conflicts.
jdcr256
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jdcr256 »

Can you provide more detailed information? Perhaps a thorough description of the events in question, and a step-by-step of what you are doing to see the error.
2gerolyn

Post by 2gerolyn »

jdcr256 wrote:Can you provide more detailed information? Perhaps a thorough description of the events in question, and a step-by-step of what you are doing to see the error.

I have put the YMYW on the calendar for every Tuesday using the cultural hall, kitchen, scout room and YW room. On a couple of Tuesdays throughout the year, I have needed to edit the time block from 7p-10:30p to 7p-8:30p due to our Trek practice which takes away the 14-18 year olds. When I click "Save" it gives me the option to change the series or only this event. When I click on only this event...it tells me I cannot schedule the cultural hall and kitchen because it is reserved on every other Tuesday. I sure hope that was clear. Ü
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

2gerolyn wrote:it tells me I cannot schedule the cultural hall and kitchen because it is reserved on every other Tuesday. I sure hope that was clear. Ü

If you look at the reservation, is it set to "blocked" or to a different unit? I'm wondering if you got your event in before the reservation was made and that your change ("re-save") no longer complies with the reservation.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
2gerolyn

Post by 2gerolyn »

RussellHltn wrote:If you look at the reservation, is it set to "blocked" or to a different unit? I'm wondering if you got your event in before the reservation was made and that your change ("re-save") no longer complies with the reservation.
I'll check that out. Our stake doesn't use the "reservation" option on the new calendar because our activity times/locations/rooms change so often, but perhaps there is another setting that does what you are suggesting. Thank you.

Return to “Calendar”