ward website administrator rights

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
hollywelch

ward website administrator rights

Post by hollywelch »

I'm a new ward website administrator. It's my understanding that by virtue of my calling on MLS I have certain rights like being able to edit member profiles and approve pictures. My calling appears on the directory as website administrator but I still do not have the ability to edit member profiles or approve pictures for the directory. What could be wrong?
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

You will need to have your ward clerk put you in the standard position of website administrator instead of the custom one he did.
hollywelch

Post by hollywelch »

Thank your for your response. In MLS and on LDS.org it shows that I am the "Ward Website Administrator". Is this the standard calling name? If not what is the exact title of the standard calling?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

hollywelch wrote:Thank your for your response. In MLS and on LDS.org it shows that I am the "Ward Website Administrator". Is this the standard calling name? If not what is the exact title of the standard calling?
No, that's a custom calling. The standard calling is simply "Website Administrator."
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
hollywelch

Post by hollywelch »

Thank you Alan. Tom said you would know the answer!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

The wording gives it away as a custom calling. But fixing the wording won't fix the problem. It needs to be a using a pre defined position rather then creating a custom one.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jdcr256
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jdcr256 »

Also note that Website Administrator has admin rights for photos (bulk upload and approval of photos), but does not have rights to edit member profiles.
Jester_ag

Post by Jester_ag »

Does this take 24hrs to replicate out from the time it is added to MLS?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

jester_ag wrote:Does this take 24hrs to replicate out from the time it is added to MLS?
Once callings are added to MLS and transmitted, those callings go almost immediately to CDOL, and thus to the leadership directory on lds.org.

But when a calling also has access rights to certain websites, the update to the site access generally happens only once a day, so it can take 24 hours or so for access to be granted.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
alicejensen

Additional related question re Website Admin privileges

Post by alicejensen »

I am the Website Administrator and have kept the old Web Site Leadership Directory up to date with every calling in the Ward. I have noticed now, though, that I do not have privileges to edit and add any callings. Is that correct? Or do I and I just don't know how to use it? The new directory is out of date and not sure if MLS not going through properly or if it is because they are custom callings. For example, we have five Nursery Assistants, but only two appear in the new Site. Is that because there are only two standard Nursery Assistants? Thank you.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”