New 2.0 System Won't Let Me Schedule Specific Rooms In A Building

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
ASpaugh

New 2.0 System Won't Let Me Schedule Specific Rooms In A Building

Post by ASpaugh »

I'm the Stake Website Administrator and building scheduler for our Stake. Since the 2.0 release I can't schedule individual rooms within a building, which is frustrating because there are going to be conflicts now. Is this just a temporary glitch or is there something I need to do to fix this? Help please!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

It sounds like the location needs to be edited to add the rooms. You need to talk to the Stake Admins.

This isn't a V2 thing, this is a "how your stake is set up" thing.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

ASpaugh wrote:I'm the Stake Website Administrator and building scheduler for our Stake. Since the 2.0 release I can't schedule individual rooms within a building, which is frustrating because there are going to be conflicts now. Is this just a temporary glitch or is there something I need to do to fix this? Help please!
Your post is not clear as to what you are trying to accomplish. As a default stake administrator you have the ability to set up rooms within locations. If the rooms listed for a location are not adequate to properly manage a location then you can make the necessary changes.

If you are talking about the ability of a building scheduler to schedule events on any calendar other than stake calendars or your home ward calendar then you are correct. A building scheduler does not have the ability to add scheduling events for wards other than your home ward. The programmers removed this ability in v2. See the Building scheduler limitations with v2 thread for a discussion on this.

What do you mean when you say there are going to be conflicts now? If events with resources are scheduled by at least one calendar editor in each ward the system will prevent resource conflicts from happening.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

ASpaugh wrote:I'm the Stake Website Administrator and building scheduler for our Stake. Since the 2.0 release I can't schedule individual rooms within a building,
Since you are the Stake Administrator, I assume you set the time zone and turned on scheduling for each location. If not, do this first. If yes, then I wonder if you are not able to select individual rooms within a building, but only one room, because there are no longer any check boxes. If this is the case, hold down the Ctrl key (in Windows) as you click on each of the rooms and you will be able to select more than one room.

And if it is something else, you are past my skill set, and I share my condolences with you. [grin]
ASpaugh

Post by ASpaugh »

Thanks for the replies. To clarify, I already setup the rooms for each resource months ago, and I had already set the time zone for each location. The issue was that after the 2.0 release, there were no check boxes for each individual room, and I had no idea how to schedule more than one room at a time for each resource. Thank you lajackson for telling me how to do it. You're a lifesaver!

Return to “Calendar”