Forwarding Emails from General Authorities

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
ceolsen

Forwarding Emails from General Authorities

Post by ceolsen »

I am the Stake Executive Secretary, and often the Stake President receives emails from Elder Gonzalez (Who is our Area President and a member of the Presidency of First Quorum of Seventy). Often he forwards these emails to me for research to to add to an upcoming agenda. The problem is that often, that forward seems to generate a mailing to NOTIFICATIONS@LDS.ORG, which is rejected. The Stake President receives the rejection notice, and assumes that I did not receive the email, which is not true. I did receive it. The Stake President is using GMAIL.

Has anyone seen anything like this before?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

ceolsen wrote:I am the Stake Executive Secretary, and often the Stake President receives emails from Elder Gonzalez (Who is our Area President and a member of the Presidency of First Quorum of Seventy). Often he forwards these emails to me for research to to add to an upcoming agenda. The problem is that often, that forward seems to generate a mailing to NOTIFICATIONS@LDS.ORG, which is rejected. The Stake President receives the rejection notice, and assumes that I did not receive the email, which is not true. I did receive it. The Stake President is using GMAIL.

Has anyone seen anything like this before?
I wonder if in some cases he is doing a Reply and adding your name to the recipient list, rather than doing a Forward. A Forward should never go to anyone except the selected recipients, but a Reply will by default go to the sender or to the Reply-to address; it's entirely plausible that messages like those are sent to a distribution list similar to notifications@lds.org. A message to that list would likely be rejected because you would have to be a privileged sender in order to use such a distribution list.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

Return to “General Discussions”