I have an idea.

Having a problem with the Forum? Or feedback about the forum? This is the place.
skiptaylor

I have an idea.

Post by skiptaylor »

What I'd like to see on this forum is a larger Next and Previous page icon for long posts. It's pretty hard for me to hit that little > or < .

Just a thought.
Skip Taylor :eek:
Lancaster CA.
WelchTC

Post by WelchTC »

Noted. We are looking into doing a site re-theming and will look into making this change then.

Tom
JasonG-p40

Post by JasonG-p40 »

What kind of re-theming are we looking at? Are we talking just an overall change from "this" to "that", or are we looking at a multiple skins setup, or...?
Jason D. Griffith
Pampa Ward, Amarillo Stake (Texas)
Community Guidelines
WelchTC

Post by WelchTC »

JasonG wrote:What kind of re-theming are we looking at? Are we talking just an overall change from "this" to "that", or are we looking at a multiple skins setup, or...?
At a minimum we will be fixing some long standing UI issues that have really bugged me. But I'd like to get a whole new look and feel. I'm working with our User Interaction department for that look & feel.

What are everyone's thoughts?

Tom
bhofmann

Post by bhofmann »

I think it would be nice to have a couple of skins to choose from. Other than that I haven't found anything that really bugs me.
thedqs
Community Moderators

Post by thedqs »

The skins would be for just how you like to view the site. But it would be cool to have a holiday theme that changes from a normal view to the holiday view on the specific holidays.
- David
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

bhofmann wrote:Other than that I haven't found anything that really bugs me.
The only thing I can think of is how links in messages are almost invisible.
WelchTC

Post by WelchTC »

If you look close fonts and sizes change from the tech CMS side and the tech FORUM site. Also, content has to be tweaked quite a bit to make it work with our layout. I work hard to make it invisible but non-the-less it bugs me which is why we are looking at a revamp.

Tom
skiptaylor

Post by skiptaylor »

My thoughts:
  • I'm not an expert on vBulletin so these may be UserCP settings.
  • One thing that would be nice is to have the default text size large on text input areas. It appears to be a size 1 when you start, for me a 3 is easier to read without a magnifying glass. Maybe a per person setting somewhere I missed?
  • The fonts on the page (except the very top menu under LDSTECH) aren't scalable. If I want to change font sizes, I'm pretty well stuck for what the body of the forum has now.
  • Better contrast on some sections. It's hard to see bold gold on light yellow for me. Links seem to be the problem with this. Perhaps different theme choices could take care of this?
  • Make the directional (next/previous) arrows/links bigger and easier to target with a mouse. Right now it's like trying to swat gnats for me.
That's about all I can think of for right now. Hope that made sense to someone besides me.
Skip Taylor :eek:
Lancaster CA.
WelchTC

Post by WelchTC »

avskip wrote:My thoughts:
  • I'm not an expert on vBulletin so these may be UserCP settings.
  • One thing that would be nice is to have the default text size large on text input areas. It appears to be a size 1 when you start, for me a 3 is easier to read without a magnifying glass. Maybe a per person setting somewhere I missed?
  • The fonts on the page (except the very top menu under LDSTECH) aren't scalable. If I want to change font sizes, I'm pretty well stuck for what the body of the forum has now.
  • Better contrast on some sections. It's hard to see bold gold on light yellow for me. Links seem to be the problem with this. Perhaps different theme choices could take care of this?
  • Make the directional (next/previous) arrows/links bigger and easier to target with a mouse. Right now it's like trying to swat gnats for me.
That's about all I can think of for right now. Hope that made sense to someone besides me.
Thanks for the suggestions!

Tom

Return to “Help with this forum”