Assignments/Reservations Missing after 2.0 Update

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
mwrobison

Assignments/Reservations Missing after 2.0 Update

Post by mwrobison »

I've not posted here before, but I've spent the last couple days reading through all the posts regarding the update to the new 2.0 version of the calendar. Granted, I skimmed topics that didn't concern me, but I'm unable to find any references to assignments (now reservations) that did not transfer over to the 2.0 version of the calendar. Let me expound just a bit:

In our stake, when someone wanted to reserve the building for a non-ward event, we always direct them to the building schedulers, to block out time in the building (for family parties, receptions, etc...). Ever since we switched over from the "classic" calendar earlier in the year, our schedulers have been using the "assignments" calendar to block these times out, since they don't really need to appear on any ward or stake calendars. They would use the "block" feature to prevent any other calendar users from booking events at that time in that building.

With the 1.0 version of the new calendar, we had to get creative to use the assignments page that way, since those events could only be done as recurring assignments. We would always just set the end date as the same date as the event.

Anyway, with the conversion over to version 2.0, all of those single events have disappeared, from all of our buildings. I've got four building schedulers at the moment who are stressed out because of all the family parties they scheduled over the coming months that are not appearing any more on the new reservations calendar. Has anyone else run into this issue, and if so, has anyone found any resolution? Is there any way to view the 1.0 versions somewhere so that we could at least pull the information out and re-enter it?

Any thoughts/help/guidance would be much appreciated. Thanks.
dshep2020

Post by dshep2020 »

I believe this is the same or similar to what you are seeing: Block names didn't migrate Devs said it will be fixed in an upcoming patch release.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

mwrobison wrote:In our stake, when someone wanted to reserve the building for a non-ward event, we always direct them to the building schedulers, to block out time in the building (for family parties, receptions, etc...). Ever since we switched over from the "classic" calendar earlier in the year, our schedulers have been using the "assignments" calendar to block these times out, since they don't really need to appear on any ward or stake calendars. They would use the "block" feature to prevent any other calendar users from booking events at that time in that building.

I just wanted to point out a major flaw in that logic in V1. "Block" only blocks normal calendar editors. It doesn't block people such as Building Schedulers. As such, it would be quite easy to create an actual event that used the same resources.

Your best bet would be to create a "Private Events" calendar and put the event there. That way, no one else can schedule the building.

I believe private calendars can now use resources, so you could make that calendar private.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mwrobison

Post by mwrobison »

dshepher wrote:I believe this is the same or similar to what you are seeing: Block names didn't migrate Devs said it will be fixed in an upcoming patch release.
Not the same issue. We have that issue as well and expect it to be fixed. Our problem is events disappearing completely, not just having the title re-named as the unit number.
RussellHltn wrote:I just wanted to point out a major flaw in that logic in V1. "Block" only blocks normal calendar editors. It doesn't block people such as Building Schedulers. As such, it would be quite easy to create an actual event that used the same resources.

Your best bet would be to create a "Private Events" calendar and put the event there. That way, no one else can schedule the building.

I believe private calendars can now use resources, so you could make that calendar private.
You are correct about the Building Schedulers being able to write over blocked events, of course. We were aware of it and it was only our Building Schedulers who used it. And thanks for the tip about using a private calendar to block out events under the new 2.0 build: we hadn't thought of that. Thanks for the help there.

No one else has had any issues with reservations completely disappearing, though?

Return to “Calendar”