Update issues - data changed

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
jeffdebcon1

Update issues - data changed

Post by jeffdebcon1 »

Several months ago, our stake transitioned to the new calendar and directory. I understand how to use the calendar and understand the release notes. I do not have any problems using the system. Just the update, it changed many of my calendar items. I have had to spend the last few hours working with a member of our Stake Presidency fixing all the things that went wrong. Most of them had to do with items that had repeating events. And many items that were shifted from one date to another, reappeared on the old dates again, while keeping the new date - giving us duplications and lots of errors. Do you anticipate another big update similar to this that may change the calendars again? If so, is there some way to backup our data prior to the update and restore it after the update has been in place?

Is anyone experiencing the same issues?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

jeffdebcon1 wrote:Is anyone experiencing the same issues?

Yes, nearly everyone did. If you would like to look in the Calendar part of the Forum, you will see many threads on the subject.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

Moderator note: This thread was moved into the Calendar forum from the LDS.org Web Site forum since it is topical to the calendar. It will also get noticed by the developers here.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Calendar”