NEW MLS PC password

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
rickdez

NEW MLS PC password

Post by rickdez »

Does anyone know the password for the MLS pc's that have recently been delivered to stakes by the FM group. There is a one touch Windows install that creates a user account called DandC89 but our FM group does not know the password for that account.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

For security reasons, we can't give passwords on the forum. I'd suggest that you use the old login.

DandC89 is not used by the local units.

BTW, I find it odd that you got such a setup. That's not what others have been reporting. I haven't seen that since Desktop 5.5. By any chance, is it still running WinXP SP2?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
rickdez

Post by rickdez »

No, we got three new Dell PC's and I uncrated the first to set up as I have the previous 4 in the stake and this one fired up on its own with a windows 7 one touch installation which included setting up this user account DandC89. It is very definitely windows 7. There are other STS's in the area who are experiencing similar situations as I was asked by the FM group if I knew the password for that user logon. While I didn't babysit the install during the entire process it seemed to do patches and installed the desktop security software. I just havent been able to log on to see exactly what is there and what isn't.
rickdez

Post by rickdez »

I also note that these new pc's are coming not with Win7 Professional but rather Win7 Enterprise edition. After the one touch config it requires a ctl+alt+del to logon. To reset the password it states that this feature requires removable media such as a USB flash drive. Again, there were no drives or instructions with the pc's so I am at a bit of loss as to where to go from here.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

This is all news to me. If the clerk login has changed from what's described in the setup instructions at MLS.LDS.org, that's not just news but a change in policy.

I'd suggest calling LUS on Monday.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
rickdez

Post by rickdez »

Concur. I have never seen this before. The PC's come loaded with a Microsoft Solutions Accelerator and it triggers a deployment wizard to install the new OS. If you take the exit to DOS option, it aborts the setup and leaves you dead in the water since there is no OS disk shipped with the pc. The other four were a breeze to configure but these last 3 have something interesting going on. I will call tomorrow
crislapi

Post by crislapi »

As was stated, this is a very old login and does not correspond to the latest setup instructions. It may be the case the FM group sent you computers with the wrong install. There was a post recently where this was the case but I can't find it right now. If/when I do, I'll post a link. However, calling LUS is the best start.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

rickdez wrote:No, we got three new Dell PC's and I uncrated the first to set up as I have the previous 4 in the stake and this one fired up on its own with a windows 7 one touch installation which included setting up this user account DandC89. It is very definitely windows 7. There are other STS's in the area who are experiencing similar situations as I was asked by the FM group if I knew the password for that user logon. While I didn't babysit the install during the entire process it seemed to do patches and installed the desktop security software. I just havent been able to log on to see exactly what is there and what isn't.

I believe you have received PCs that have been imaged for other Church departments and not as Local Unit Adminstrative computers. A call to the help desk on Monday would be advisable. I don't know if this has something to do with the way FM Group orders the machines, or if Dell has placed the wrong image on the machines ordered.
crislapi

Post by crislapi »

crislapi wrote:As was stated, this is a very old login and does not correspond to the latest setup instructions. It may be the case the FM group sent you computers with the wrong install. There was a post recently where this was the case but I can't find it right now. If/when I do, I'll post a link. However, calling LUS is the best start.
Found it. See here. Not the same issue as you, but I share it to support the claim that sometimes they send the wrong install.
CrookDL
Church Employee
Church Employee

Wrong image - solution

Post by CrookDL »

Please send me a private message, and I can get you details on the fix for this. We've had some problems with Dell shipping the wrong image, and we're working with them to investigate. Can you please provide the service tag(s) of any affected PCs, and I can get a new image disc sent out?

Thanks,

Daryl

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”