Why can we not printing out one day of the calendar only?

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
hickend

Why can we not printing out one day of the calendar only?

Post by hickend »

Why can we not print out a calendar for one day? When printing works - which it doesn't on the week view right now - the text is very small and hard to read. I need to be able to give my bishop a list of his appointments for Sunday only. Because of the lack of a day view I am now syncing the calendar to my google calendar and then printing it off.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

hickend wrote:Why can we not print out a calendar for one day? When printing works - which it doesn't on the week view right now - the text is very small and hard to read. I need to be able to give my bishop a list of his appointments for Sunday only. Because of the lack of a day view I am now syncing the calendar to my google calendar and then printing it off.
You already requested this six weeks ago in this post. Nothing has changed since then.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
hickend

Post by hickend »

aebrown wrote:You already requested this six weeks ago in this post. Nothing has changed since then.
I can't be the only one asking for this, right?
KenRichins

Post by KenRichins »

I think you are the only one asking.
RussBarth

Post by RussBarth »

KenRichins wrote:I think you are the only one asking.

That doesn't mean it's not a valid request.

@hickend, you might want to consider using google calendar solely for your scheduling with your Bishop. I'm the asst executive secretary in my stake presidency. I schedule the meetings for the two counselors. The church provided calendar is great for general meetings for your stake/ward, but it's just not as good as calendar sharing as google. I had the counselors create special gmail addresses for their calling and then had them share the google calendar that is automatically created for that email with me. I can then schedule it for them and they can see it on their iPads/work computer without having to go to lds.org. Plus it has a great daily agenda print option. It's worked out really well. Plus the Executive Sec can see the appointments and can even modify them as well.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

RussBarth wrote:
KenRichins wrote:I think you are the only one asking.
That doesn't mean it's not a valid request.
Nobody said it wasn't a valid request. Ken was merely pointing out that he has been the only one posting this question in the forum.

Since the Calendar developers are using this forum for bugs and requests it will get noticed. However it may not have the priority for development that other bugs and requests are getting since no one else is chiming in.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
hickend

Post by hickend »

Why don't we just use the google calendar then? :)
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

It seems to be OK for leadership use, but I'd be very cautions about going that route for the ward calendar.

I think you'd find it a nightmare to keep up to date as to who should have access and who shouldn't. There could be legal exposure issues if you get it wrong. A big difference between managing a dozen people and a few hundred.

Just don't post anything there you wouldn't want to get public.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
tortdog

Post by tortdog »

He's not the only one asking. I submitted a request via Feedback long ago, but not via this forum. And I'm quite certain he and I are not the only two ExecSecs in the world that use LDS calendar to schedule appointments for the Bishop/SP, and then find there is no means to print out enough detail from within LDS calendar.

But in the meantime (and mainly because I'm too lazy to go to Google to print it out), here's what I have been doing. I go to the front page of the Leader Resources, and at the right is a column for Schedule. You can elect to "Show More", but it lays out the agenda for the next few days line by line. By printing that, the priesthood leader sees his appointments plus times for any other events coming up.

Works decent.

Return to “Calendar”