Recent lds.org calendar update erased all of our appointments and calendar items

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
jsb48

Recent lds.org calendar update erased all of our appointments and calendar items

Post by jsb48 »

It's not a huge deal, but I thought I would let you know. With the recent update of the calendar on lds.org that took place this past eek, all of our appointments and calendar items on one of our calendars were erased. I am ward executive secretary and I put all the Bishop's appointments in a calendar for the Bishopric. This week when I logged in after the update, about 80-90% of past and future appointments were missing or erased. In some cases the the appointment was still there, but the subject and notes were all erased. In other cases the entire appointment was just gone. Luckily I had printed out a hard copy just before the update, so I was able to restore everything manually. I love the calendar and am very grateful to have it. I hope this information can help with future updates so this doesn't happen again.

Also, I think from the standpoint of how I use the calendar the update actually made the calendar a little harder and more time consuming to use. Before it was just one simple click on the calendar to add an item and one simple click to save the items once you had entered the subject and notes. Now when you click on an item in the calendar, it pops up a window with the name of the appointment and you have to then click an "Edit Event" button to actually open the event and make changes. When you save instead of taking you directly back to the calendar it displays a screen that "says changes were successfully saved" that you have to exit out of to get back to the calendar. Essentially the number of required clicks to add or edit an event has doubled from 2 to 4. I still love the calendar and it is not that big of a deal, but I just thought I would let you know that these changes actually made the calendar a little less user friendly for adding and editing calendar events. I hope this helps! If I can provide any more useful information or if these problems are perhaps caused by something I may be doing wrong, please feel free to let me know.

Thanks!

Return to “Calendar”