Calendar

Having a problem with the Forum? Or feedback about the forum? This is the place.
greenwoodkl

Calendar

Post by greenwoodkl »

Are there modules or add-ons to put onto the calendar to allow event downloads to PIM software (Outlook, etc...)?
WelchTC

Post by WelchTC »

kgthunder wrote:Are there modules or add-ons to put onto the calendar to allow event downloads to PIM software (Outlook, etc...)?
I don't know but I'll look. Some type of ical exporter would be cool.

Tom
JasonG-p40

Post by JasonG-p40 »

tomw wrote:Some type of ical exporter would be cool.

Tom
Definitely.
Jason D. Griffith
Pampa Ward, Amarillo Stake (Texas)
Community Guidelines
brenthale

Post by brenthale »

We need the ability to import and export in ical format.
thedqs
Community Moderators

Post by thedqs »

Do you mean the ability to have other programs (like Outlook) to update the calendar or just file uploads and downloads?

I do agree with needing the ability to download the entire calender in iCal format.
- David
danpass

iCal calendar export

Post by danpass »

brenthale wrote:We need the ability to import and export in ical format.
Export capability has been there for quite some time now. In the top right corner of the calendar page you'll find options to export the next 12 months in your choice of CSV, iCal and vCal formats.
opee

Post by opee »

thedqs wrote:Do you mean the ability to have other programs (like Outlook) to update the calendar or just file uploads and downloads?

I do agree with needing the ability to download the entire calender in iCal format.

It would be nice to be able to export the Calendar to Outlook and have Outlook recognize when the same event has imported so that it does not duplicate all of the events.
brenthale

Post by brenthale »

thedqs wrote:Do you mean the ability to have other programs (like Outlook) to update the calendar or just file uploads and downloads?

My intention with the post was to mostly say that we need importing. The current Calendar features are so hard to work with that I ended up going to Google Calendars and Mozilla's Sunbird to work with and publish our stake calendar. So once I polish it elsewhere I would like the ability to import it to the church's calendar.
TechPro-p40

Post by TechPro-p40 »

Having the ability to import calendar information would be a tremendous time saver, and would greatly improve the usability of the calendar.

Otherwise, it's nice to refer to, but pain to update or add anything to (which probably explains why so few actually do much with the calendar). Thus it is a VERY under-used resource.

My two cents.

Return to “Help with this forum”