Confusing potential conflicts

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
gcollett

Confusing potential conflicts

Post by gcollett »

I hope this is the right thread to add to. In continuing to do scheduling for the year, our Stake Executive Sec. and I (Stake Clerk - Tech) keep running into lists of potential conflicts that still allow events to be saved, but look quite confusing. We are both added as building schedulers to give us good flexibility in working with the calendar. An example is when I put an event on Dec. 14, 2012. There are no reservations that I can see for the time I picked although all other reservation show in this week view. There are no private calendars. There are no visible events. Notice the strange times.

Any suggestions on how to delete what I cannot find?
gcollett

Post by gcollett »

Here is another try with my screen shot:

aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

gcollett wrote:I hope this is the right thread to add to.

First of all, I moved this topic to a new thread, since it had nothing to do with the thread it was originally posted to (Inability to create new events. Error msg cites a conflict with nonexixtant event). I know it seems similar from the title, but that thread had to do with a reservation problem, and your issue is different in several ways.
gcollett wrote:Notice the strange times.
That is indeed odd to have an event that goes from 4:00pm to 3:00pm. I haven't seen that myself, or heard of it happening to anyone else. It is, of course, possible to have an event that is scheduled from 4:00pm on one day to a subsequent day at 3:00pm, but I'm guessing you would notice if that had been done.
gcollett wrote:Any suggestions on how to delete what I cannot find?

One piece of good news is that the conflict pop up will be fixed to show the date soon. See this post. That should help you track down the source of those odd times.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

Return to “Calendar”