Position On LDS.ORg doesn't match MLs

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
mmichie

Position On LDS.ORg doesn't match MLs

Post by mmichie »

I have two posistion listed in MLS that do not match LDS.ORG

One is a High Councilor is listed in MLS but does not show up on LDS.org

Another is our Stake Primary Choristor shows up as a District Choristor rather than a Stake. I don't even show a district position in MLS.

Any idea on what to do? I have deleted the position in MLS and put them back in with no success there.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

mmichie wrote:I have two posistion listed in MLS that do not match LDS.ORG
Any idea on what to do? I have deleted the position in MLS and put them back in with no success there.
We have seen similar situations where we had a couple of YW leaders appear in the District YW presidency instead of the Stake YW presidency like all the other YW presidency. Probably the best way to fix it is to submit Feedback on the Church Directory of Organizations and Leaders site explaining the problem. They can make the adjustment on their end. Changes in CDOL will then flow automatically to the Directory and other tools on lds.org.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

mmichie wrote:One is a High Councilor is listed in MLS but does not show up on LDS.org
In this case the best thing to do is make a simple change to his position in MLS (change the set apart flag for example) and save the position. Then go back in and change it back. This should trigger MLS to send the position back up the CDOL which feeds LDS.org
jareddf

Re: Position On LDS.ORg doesn't match MLs

Post by jareddf »

I have a similar issue. Counselors from a previous Relief Society Presidency still show up on lds.org/LDS Tools as RS counselors, along with all four members of the current presidency. MLS only has the correct presidency.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

jareddf wrote:I have a similar issue. Counselors from a previous Relief Society Presidency still show up on lds.org/LDS Tools as RS counselors, along with all four members of the current presidency. MLS only has the correct presidency.
When a calling doesn't exist in MLS but does exist in LDS.org (CDOL), then your best option is to follow the instructions under Correcting duplicate or missing callings.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

There are some situations where MLS will take invalid data coming from CDOL and clean it up for display in MLS. This may result in things appearing correctly in MLS even though there is an issue with data recorded in CDOL. It sounds likely that there is an issue with the data in CDOL that needs to be corrected, but I can't be sure without looking at the actual unit data.

The next version of MLS (3.7.1, coming "Soon") has some major revisions to the CDOL processing code. When MLS processes a full unit data refresh, there are some cases where MLS 3.7.1 will detect data issues and send transactions back to CDOL to correct the issues. We have done some fairly extensive testing on multiple bishopric scenarios. Relief Society presidencies are a little more difficult since having multiple Relief Society presidencies is a valid condition.

In that case, you can either call the service center and have them address it or you can try a refresh with 3.7.1 after it is released and see if that makes a difference. If you want to send me your unit number by PM, I'll run it through as a test case and see if whatever is causing your issue is something we can detect in the refresh processing code and correct.

This isn't a CDOL issue, but just bad data that has gotten into the CDOL database. We have found some creative things that can happen in CDOL data based on weird use cases with MLS.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”