No Locations / Other Locations

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
bsholman1

No Locations / Other Locations

Post by bsholman1 »

Please forgive me if this issue has been addressed elsewhere, but after looking for it for sometime, I cannot find an answer, so...
I am our stake administrator and we have entered our stake calendaring information and want to have the wards begin scheduling the stake center and other buildings for 2012. When an event is created, there are no locations available to reserve, even though they show up on the "Locations and Rooms" section. Does anyone know why this is happening?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

bsholman1 wrote:Please forgive me if this issue has been addressed elsewhere, but after looking for it for sometime, I cannot find an answer, so...
I am our stake administrator and we have entered our stake calendaring information and want to have the wards begin scheduling the stake center and other buildings for 2012. When an event is created, there are no locations available to reserve, even though they show up on the "Locations and Rooms" section. Does anyone know why this is happening?
You need to enable scheduling for each location. The message that was displayed the first time you entered the calendar after the upgrade to v2 mentioned that, but it's easy to miss.

Just go into Settings > Locations & Rooms. For each location, make sure the "Location can be scheduled by wards and stakes" box is checked, and then save. You will also need to enter the time zone for each location if you haven't already done so.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

Return to “Calendar”