Entire ward directory's photos are missing

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
parleyburnett

Entire ward directory's photos are missing

Post by parleyburnett »

Has anybody else had issues with photos disappearing? Over the past week I have had several occurances of this, and today ALL photos are gone. Please advise!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Gone or replaced by little red "x" indicating a broken link?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
bwerickson
Church Employee
Church Employee

Missing Photos

Post by bwerickson »

Hey parleyburnett,

Can you tell me you ward name and Unit number?

--=Blake
parleyburnett

Ward Name & Unit Number

Post by parleyburnett »

Hi Blake,
Our ward # is 369748 (Desert Valley Ward). In answer to Russell, the pictures were missing, not just showing a broken link..

Here's the sequence of my observations:
Last week I spent a few hours uploading photographs (about 70 or so). When I was finished, I verified through the "Photos" link that all the new pictures were there along with the other existing pictures. However, since the following day (Thurs or Fri last week), all 70 pictures have gone completely missing.
Just yesterday I went online to see if they had shown up yet and ALL photos were missing, including pictures that were there before last week. That prompted my forum post.
Today, I am noticing that the existing pictures are displaying properly, but still not the 70 pictures that were uploaded last week.

Did I do something wrong? Can I re-upload the photos without concern of loosing them again? Any help would be appreciated.

I really like the new directory though, I think it's great!
parleyburnett

Any update?

Post by parleyburnett »

Hey.. wondering if you have any update for me.

Some of the original photos are missing
some show errors
some show up on the profile pages, but not in the 'manage photos' function

Is there any other support source I can approach or file a bug report with? Thanks!
marcusbennett

Same Problem

Post by marcusbennett »

I am Ward Clerk for a Singles Ward, we spend a lot of time updating the picture directories.

I am not the clerk who usually does the updating, but in the last couple of months photos are regularly disappearing on us as well. It is very frustrating, he regularly has to go through and re-upload pictures.

We also have problems with the distinction between household and individual photos. We would like to assign a picture to be both a household photo and a individual photo, because for us they are always the same. We tried uploading all the pictures twice, but of course some keep disappearing and it is quite time consuming to keep both up to date. Or if we could some how choose to display individual photos instead of household photos when we print the picture directory and when people view the online directory that would fix it.

Our Ward is the Mount Jordan YSA Ward #277614. Even with all of these challenges I still think the tool is awesome and I am glad we have it.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”