Question about Buliding Schedulers

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
kinseyrae

Question about Buliding Schedulers

Post by kinseyrae »

If a ward within a building adds an event and they reserve a room, does it show up on the building schedulers calendar? If not how am I supposed to know what date a conflict may appear on? The Conflict pop up doesn't show a date.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

kinseyrae wrote:If a ward within a building adds an event and they reserve a room, does it show up on the building schedulers calendar? If not how am I supposed to know what date a conflict may appear on? The Conflict pop up doesn't show a date.
The building scheduler (and anyone else, for that matter) can see all the events scheduled for a particular location. This is only available in Week view (see No checkboxes next to locations for a discussion of why that is the case). But in Week view you will see a checkbox next to each location. When you check the box for a specific location, you will see all the events for that building (you may want to hide all the calendars in the Subscribed Calendars list so you can focus only on the specific location).

The conflict pop up will be fixed to show the date soon. See this post.

P.S. Welcome to the LDSTech Forum -- we hope you find it helpful to you in your calling!
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
cowvet

Post by cowvet »

Another possible bug? or just something for the wish list..
I am the Stake website administrator and also the Stake building scheduler. It would be great if I could see the calendars of the other wards that are in the building to ensure there are not conflicts when scheduling the building for non-ward activities. I would expect the person listed as the building scheduler should be able to see calendars for all wards set for a location. Just a thought!
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

cowvet wrote:Another possible bug? or just something for the wish list..
I am the Stake website administrator and also the Stake building scheduler. It would be great if I could see the calendars of the other wards that are in the building to ensure there are not conflicts when scheduling the building for non-ward activities. I would expect the person listed as the building scheduler should be able to see calendars for all wards set for a location. Just a thought!
This capability already exists. You can see all the events for your location as described in the prior post.

[Moderator Note: I moved this post from the thread Calendar 2.0 Bug List to this more topical thread.]
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

Return to “Calendar”