All events lost in trasition to version 2.0 calendar

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
marilynhoward

All events lost in trasition to version 2.0 calendar

Post by marilynhoward »

Thank you for this post. I must be missing something since I found out that there was a new release the day after it occurred. I discovered the new release due to it blanking out ALL of our calendar events. Our Stake Presidency had asked to transition to the new Calendar several months ago and begin training throughout the Stake. Now every event is gone, including all of 2012 that were NOT placed on the Classic due to the information stating that that calendar would not be available after the end of this year. I am still waiting for a call back from the "support line" that was used in the past for the Classic website. I was told someone would call yesterday evening or today. No call so far. I am surprised that there is not an e-mailing system to notify those of us who have been serving as Administrators.
mfmohlma

Post by mfmohlma »

marilynhoward wrote:Now every event is gone
Welcome to the forum. Your events are not likely gone, but are not yet visible due to actions that your stake administrators need to take. Please refer to the help files here. Note the second paragraph that states "all locations have been deactivated" and what to do about it. If you're still having trouble, feel free to browse and post in the Calendar forum for help and support. We hope that it'll be quicker than waiting for that call back from the support line.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

Moderator note: This thread was created from a post responding to the announcement of the release of calendar version 2.0. The OP's first comments are referring to the linked announcement. Creating a new thread will permit responses the the poster's issue without forking the original thread.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

mfmohlma wrote:Your events are not likely gone, but are not yet visible due to actions that your stake administrators need to take. Please refer to the help files here. Note the second paragraph that states "all locations have been deactivated" and what to do about it.
The failure of a stake admin to reactivate locations has nothing to do with events disappearing. The only thing that will disappear will be the locations in the "Available Locations" box and therefore the ability to view events with resources at those locations. The ward and stake calendars should still be visible along with the events on those calendars. The only events I know of that were intentionally deleted in the transition from v1 to v2 were holiday calendars and their events. marilynhoward's issues have some other explanation.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Calendar”